Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you rilas we are hoping they will fly plan to put about 350whp down lol trying to prove you don't need to buy a 20k rzr to domanate the woods

Comment

Why not just mount the fuse box and Ecu on the top rail above the motor? A little ghetto but if you get water up that high I'm sure the buggy and motor are lost at that point. Awesome build by the way, reminds me of the guy who was building a trike with the f22, sadly he never finished it.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

We have talked about a few ideas of where and what to do with the wire harness. We are leaning towards building a standalone harness just to make a clean install. I know it don't look the best now but will be painting the frames when we are don fabing everything. Thank you for the interest we are doing this because so many people told me it can't be done and don't worry it may take some time to finish but it will be done not only one but we are building 3 of them.

Comment

Why not just get a Microsquirt? You're going to be tuning it anyways and it would cut down on the wiring immensely.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MicroSquirt-...1U06VK&vxp=mtr

Plus a Marine fuse block.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001P6FTHC...741AS4RZ&psc=1

How to wire and configure it

https://www.diyautotune.com/support/...rt-your-honda/

The Microsquirt case is designed to be weathersealed with a bead of silicone. Actually thinking about it you could just get the Microsquirt itself ($299) and the ampseal connector and use the stock engine harness, just re-crimp it to the Ampseal connector for the microsquirt. Just a thought. Tuning software is free or nearly free, and it does have an autotune setting as well.
          Last edited by Accrdwgnguy; 01-19-2017, 09:14 AM.
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I am not a tunner I am going to mess with a vafc hack on my first motor but will probably end up with a chiped p28 and have scott brooks tune it or turbo dave. I have looked at micro squirt for my 5.3 mustang but wouldn't know where to start with mega squirt on a honda do you still run distributor or coil packs with it.

Comment

Thank you for the links I did not realize you could run microsquirt on a honda if I can fig out how to wire the ignition side of things it looks like are best option. Do you know any one who has run it on a honda and if so are they happy with it.

Comment

Honestly doesn't look too bad to hook up, appears you can keep the stock ignition setup. Usually people stick with chipping in Hondas since they are keeping the engine in the vehicle it came in. Either way is not a bad option.
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Well I think we got are wire harness problem solved. I talked to the cat over at motor sports wiring solutions he is going to be doing a full stand alone harness with a water proof fuse box and rocker panel. The best part is he is doing it for half the cost of what I was quoted by rywire. They seem to know there stuff so check them out if you need any thing I don't think there is much they can do. I will post pic of there work

Comment

Last edited by 2.2 buggy; 01-25-2017, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Looks like quality work!

Comment

Working...
                      X