Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22a runs Like shit need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a runs Like shit need help

First of i have tryed to use the h22a calibration that is on smanager. It did not help me at all cuz basicly im not a tuner and dont have the cash on hand for a tow 2 hrs away and to get it tuned. When i installed the tune from smanager it made MY Car run like shit it wounldnt barely stay running and if i gave it gas it would rev in high rpms, then it would die when i let off the gas. I have a 1994 Honda Accord it has a Jdm H22a with bolt ons. Skunk2 Intake Manifold, Skunk 2 Throttle Body, Stock h22a Injectors, G-Sport Fuel Rail, Aftermarket Fuel Pressure Regulator, Megan Headers, Wideband Air Fuel Gauge, and MSD Ignition. what im asking is can someone either help me tune it so it will run and not blow up tell i can afford better tune for power. or can some one give me a real good tuned map for my s300 v1 p28. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by cody0788 View Post
    First of i have tryed to use the h22a calibration that is on smanager. It did not help me at all cuz basicly im not a tuner and dont have the cash on hand for a tow 2 hrs away and to get it tuned. When i installed the tune from smanager it made MY Car run like shit it wounldnt barely stay running and if i gave it gas it would rev in high rpms, then it would die when i let off the gas. I have a 1994 Honda Accord it has a Jdm H22a with bolt ons. Skunk2 Intake Manifold, Skunk 2 Throttle Body, Stock h22a Injectors, G-Sport Fuel Rail, Aftermarket Fuel Pressure Regulator, Megan Headers, Wideband Air Fuel Gauge, and MSD Ignition. what im asking is can someone either help me tune it so it will run and not blow up tell i can afford better tune for power. or can some one give me a real good tuned map for my s300 v1 p28. Thanks in advance.
    wow. Umm you need the base map that was created for that engine. Basemap = the tune they used to make the engine run with minimum inputs. Which shouldn't be used for driving around with but just enough to start the tune. Don't think anyone can give you one from here as the map depends on the mods of the engine (injectors, fuel pump, intakes, map sensor, etc.)

Was the car running fine when you got it? If so you can download the ECUs saved map into SManager. But it sounds like you may have over written it and now it runs like shit. If anyone will have a good base map for this it's the tuner you mentioned.

Sounds like you need to save up your money and take it to a pro tuner before you seriously break something.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Sounds like you need to save up your money and take it to a pro tuner before you seriously break something.
      This. OR you can find an ODBI Prelude VTEC ECU that should run it better than the basemap. Good luck finding that ECU. And please don't beat on that motor, I wouldn't rev it past 3500 rpm until you get it tuned.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

So what is the setup on this h22 that warrants a custom engine management system instead of the correct Honda ecu?
        5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
          So what is the setup on this h22 that warrants a custom engine management system instead of the correct Honda ecu?
          depending on the year he may not be able to run the correct ecu as it may be an OBD2 engine. Converting it to run on OBD1 sensors/plugs solves that but he has enough modifications to warrant being tuned, especially since an obd1 vtec H22 ecu isn't going to be good for a JDM H22A with bolt-ons.

OP,double check that the S300 is seated correctly on the pins, also swing by the hondata forums here https://www.hondata.com/forum/ and create a thread under the "S300/SManager" subforum
          Last edited by Bunta; 09-01-2017, 12:58 AM.

Comment

The prelude guys do decently on the stock vtec ecu with the JDM H22a and H23a motors. It's far from optimal though, and leaves HP on the table. It's a stock tune rather than basemap, which is more reliable for the moment to get you by.

He should have the conversion done already if it's connected to the s300, I would think.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Converting the engine to obd1 is the main way of swapping in an obd2 engine. It's highly unlikely that the car was converted to obd2 instead. And, as mentioned, the s300 runs on obd1 stuff. As it is, nothing on this engine necessarily requires an aftermarket engine management system.

I would also advise you to get a stock obd1 p13. If it's a problem with the engine, you can more easily troubleshoot with that. If it's a problem with the s300 or the basemap, you can work that out in time. If it just needs to betuned, you'll have time to find a tuner.

Comment

a P0F ecu will work well also. auto is easily converted to manual and theyre cheap since no one knows about them.

Comment

Indeed. P0F isn't as common, but these days no obd1 ecu is terribly common!

Comment

Working...
                  X