Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Transmisson Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmisson Problems?

I just picked up a 93 accord ex auto. the guy I bought it from said it needed a TCU but everything I've read says the d4 light should be blinking but it just stays on. for instance, whatever gear I'm in will light up but the d4 light will always be on. I'm not totally sure what gears I have but I only have 2 of them. the "First" gear hits 30 at about 3000 rpm and the "2nd" gear hits 60 at 3000 rpm, but those are the only two I have. I have to put it into 1 for it to shift into the "first" gear, and if I'm in d3 or d4 it'll shift up to the "2nd" gear but won't shift down to the "first" gear. I'm wondering if maybe its shift position switch or shift cables, possibly a solenoid. I'm trying to avoid buying a whole new TCU because it seems to be the most expensive option, also I'm not sure if there are different TCU's like how there are different ECU's (I believe my car has the pt6 ECU) I appreciate any suggestions or possible causes

Read this to learn how to pull the error codes, if there are any. If it’s throwing numerous TCU codes, it may be the TCU itself. You can attempt to repair the tcu if you can use a soldering iron and identify bad resistors.

https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/forum/...nd-s-d4-errors

Comment

I tried this and the d4 light stays lit. The parked light is on because I'm in park but the d4 light doesn't blink or flash its a solid light. Same as when I'm driving the car

Comment

Originally posted by AngryToddler313 View Post
        I tried this and the d4 light stays lit. The parked light is on because I'm in park but the d4 light doesn't blink or flash its a solid light. Same as when I'm driving the car
        That's with the connector jumped? IIRC if it stays on all the time with the connector jumped, then it is a TCU problem. If you're not handy with a soldering iron and finding/fixing issues on the circuit board, there are folks that repair them. I had two repaired by e*ay user mandigital. At the time it was $75 with lifetime warranty. Both worked fine for multiple years until I sold the cars.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Perfect. I wasnt sure if those ads were trust worthy. Or if there were multiple types of tcu's if I chose to buy a new one. Is there an aftermarket solution for them aka a newer tech replacement or would I have to get a newer aftermarket ecu like a holly and replace both the oem ecu and tcu? Thanks again for the help!

Comment

I don't believe there is a new aftermarket solution for the TCU. Mandigital repairs one you send him. Both of mine he turned around in a day (I had spares to use in the meantime).
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Mine did this numerous times before I lost reverse also and it wouldn't shift into 2nd anymore. So, you have 1st 2nd and reverse? If you don't have reverse, the TCU may not fix it. I replaced my TCU multiple times until I lost reverse also and then it took a trip to the junkyard for the last time.
              1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
              1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
              1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
              1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Working...
              X