Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

lil help!! In need of a keen ear to diagnose this sound/issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lil help!! In need of a keen ear to diagnose this sound/issue

Knockin or tickin?

Hey peoples I hope you all have had a chance to rev a jdm engine today. My first cb7 was almost 10 years ago but only had the pleasure of the vehicle for about 2 years...just recently got back into one, and boy did I missed it. The forum hasnt changed much but it is way more organized and monitored which is a glorious thing. cb7 love is real, and I apologize for my absence.
    Long frustrating story short, I buy a 91 EX for cheap and like a dummy I mess with the plugs and wires before getting home just to see their condition. barely make it 7 miles down the road before I was losing power and the engine was starting to backfire like mad. After many trips of throwing parts at it and having a couple more mechanically inclined friends poke around, we still cant 100% narrow it down. Im thinking the oil pump is kinda frail so I was going to hook up the shim hack on that and maybe the port hack? also going to replace belts and check pulleys and gaskets...uuuhhhh its soo much work. Im hoping someone will tell me that its something simple that Im missing. any help will be appreciated. much love cb7fam

so Ive already gotten new plugs and wires, distributor and rotor are clean and were tested, compression was tested but not with a compression tester. cleaned all the basic stuff like the valves, replaced pcv, air filter, checked for vacuum leaks, not leaking any oil from anywhere. removed checked and cleaned everything from the fuel filter to the injectors and the injectors themselves. fuel is fine...I went through a whole ordeal with water in the gas due to the car sitting in a field for a year or three. I think its finally dry after having to take pretty much the whole interior out to find the sitting water and dirt. lol its been fantastic let me tell you.

the video is of how it sounds as of now. Any help would be much appreciated. Even if its just to have to inform me that yes in fact I need to put that work in and deal with the oil pump. thanks!

Oil pump issue
    66.67%
    Engine is shot?!?
    0%
    Something else
    33.33%

Ya.... if that knocking sound is coming from the oil pump area then it's the pump. Sounds like something is gummed up until it warms up or gets oil. And you have a IACV leak or leak before it.

Comment

Good ears, Raf.
      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        Ya.... if that knocking sound is coming from the oil pump area then it's the pump. Sounds like something is gummed up until it warms up or gets oil. And you have a IACV leak or leak before it.
        I appreciate the feedback. Where/how do you suggest I start looking for this leak?

Comment

It's going to be past the throttle body, so you are listening for any hissing or air pushing out / sucking in somewhere. Check all rubber hoses that come off the intake plenum for cracks. But I think you have a worse issue to worry about first.

Comment

Working...
          X