Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

4-2-1 Stainless Steel Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4-2-1 Stainless Steel Headers

I purchased headers off eBay just for the hell of it and got it a couple days ago.

Now, I took the stock exhaust manifold off and tried putting this on, but to my surprise, it didn't fit. The 4th Runner on the right did NOT clear the A/C line. There was no way this would fit unless I removed my A/C.

I compared the stock headers to these new headers, and right off the bat you can clearly see the difference. The stock manifold has the 4th runner tucked underneath the two middle ones whereas these aftermarket headers are all bulged out after the 1st runner.

Am I the only one who has problems with aftermarket headers because of A/C? It sucks these guys don't specify that it is for Accords WITHOUT A/C.

Are there aftermarket headers that utilizes A/C?
    2005 Alpine White E46 BMW M3 - 1990 Honda Accord EX

they may have sent you one from a newer accord. or maybe you got one of the wrong trim.(ex/lx/se, ect.) later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

What type G said. Double check the header and see what application you got.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Like they said double check. I've helped install two different ebay headers which were two different styles on two different cb7s with no problems.

Comment

header* our cars dont have headers, only one

My Members Ride Thread
          Originally posted by deevergote
          You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle
            x2 you stole the words right out of my mouth

Rocesride Member Page

Comment

Originally posted by rocesride
              x2 you stole the words right out of my mouth
              Don't you guys ever get sick of thinking you're the cool one that needs to point that out?

Anyways, if it won't bolt up right, its not for a 90-93 Accord. Sure there were two headers, since the A1 and A4 didn't have their O2 sensor in the correct location, but you can interchange the headers if you know how to move the O2 sensors around.

My bet is that they sent you one for a different model. I'd write back to them ASAP.

Comment

could be one from an h23. i mean, what else bolts up?
                all he said was it hit the ac line. did all the wholes line up?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I installed a OBX header yesterday and it fit snug but it fit and my car is quicker on the up take
                  i would rather be dead and cool then alive and uncool.

Comment

lol. I use to be like this back in Honda-Tech. People who said "Headers" I use to bash and say it was "A Header."

Either way, this header didn't fit at all so I'll be ditching it.

How much does an OBX header run for?
                    2005 Alpine White E46 BMW M3 - 1990 Honda Accord EX

Comment

Just throw a turbo on there and call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by M3tor2nR
                        lol. I use to be like this back in Honda-Tech. People who said "Headers" I use to bash and say it was "A Header."

Either way, this header didn't fit at all so I'll be ditching it.

How much does an OBX header run for?
                        I'd actually recommend Megan. They have 2.25" collectors (my friend's gf measured hers) which is bigger than the DC Sports one. So unless OBX is that big also, its possibly the biggest collector you can get on an off the shelf budget piece.

Comment

I ordered this same header a few months ago.. same problem. They returned it no problem (minus the shipping charges). I then decided that a header doesn't do much with stock exhaust the rest of the way back.

Comment

First off, I highly doubt its stainless steel coated with chrome, its probably just chrome, I know my megan header was finicky when i put it on, it just needed to some tlc to fit on properly.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by sefjeff
                              I installed a OBX header yesterday and it fit snug but it fit and my car is quicker on the up take
                              Yeah I got the obx racing headers 4-2-1 and they fit pretty snug. However I like them.

"click the picture for members thread"

Comment

Working...
                              X