Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Coilovers - True or False?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coilovers - True or False?

Recently I have spoken to my boy about putting on my coilovers before getting some wheels. He had told me that if I do put em on now that if i wanted to re adjust the height when I get the wheels it'll be difficult because after the coilovers are placed and are on the car for a period of time they become difficult to adjust in the future. Is that true or false?
    My 1993 LX

FALSE! If they are "true" coilovers..then they will ALWAYS be adjustable. though..im not sure about the hella hella cheap ones from ebay are..as long as you stick with a good brand..no worries, you can adjust 24/7

Comment

Remember, after you adjust the height, it is recommended to get an alighment.

Comment

Ive got myself skunk2 adjust. coilovers so I guess I'm good ...thanks for the tip custom
        My 1993 LX

Comment

False

Not my fault my dick only fits magnums.
          Why drink and drive when you can smoke and FLY?

Comment

True...

Most coilovers, unless they are stainless bodies can corrode due to salt and road junk. My friend couldn't break the threads on his Tein Basics when he went to adjust them to put in another car.

If you're concerned, wrap the threads in duct tape.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
              True...

Most coilovers, unless they are stainless bodies can corrode due to salt and road junk. My friend couldn't break the threads on his Tein Basics when he went to adjust them to put in another car.

If you're concerned, wrap the threads in duct tape.
              what about coating them with grease, or vaseline?

Comment

if you don't take car of your car then YES they will be hard to adjust if not adjustable at all. in the winter, make sure u rinse your car down very well including under the car and the wheel wells EVERY week. takes only a few min. and my skunks have been through 2 winters and they still are incredibly easy to adjust. just depends on the quality of the coilover AND the maintenance.
                My members ride thread

Comment

Another fine example of "You get what you pay for" Later

Comment

haha yeah actually when i got my megans my buddy told me I might want to put them on BEFORE I adjust them cuz it would be ezier, but then again maybe mine are different cuz i have to twist the whole shock body to lower it, and this is my 1st set

Comment

false

92ex coupe h22
                      93 240sx with silvia front end (kadet in the works)
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1894990

Comment

I've adjusted my D2's so many times since I got them! It's really all about maintenance. Keeping the threads oiled during the winter (as opposed to dry) will prohibit oxidation on the aluminum. Be sure to get all the sand/dirt off the threads before you adjust, that will scratch the anodizing!

Comment

It is true, but can be prevented like Dan said. Teksi, who accordwarrior is talking about, sprayed his once or twice(i wanna say once), with something like oil or w/e. I honestly can't remember what it was though. If he or I had remembered to spray them before the next winter we probably wouldn't have had a problem with them when we put them on my car. Although, it's just the fronts that have a little problem now, we(tek and I) fixed the back.

Comment

so i guess i should not go with the generic ebay ones?
                            "Back in the cb7 game"

Comment

Originally posted by jose92accord
                              so i guess i should not go with the generic ebay ones?
                              No, you still could, be aware of quality and ride quality, but you still could. It's mostly the winter that can take a tool on the aluminum parts, even if they are anodized. Oil will prevent that damage. For sleeve coilovers, I'd shy away from generic IMO. I'd go w/ Skunk or Groundcontrol, or save for a nicer full coilover

Comment

Working...
                              X