Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

For all those with idle problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine always idles really low until I cleaned out the throttle body then it started the surging. I havent messed with the idle screw, but Im tightening the ring this weekend.

Comment

i found this thread while looking for a different problem. but it may help the other problem on top of fixing the rpm surging. could rpm surging have to do with the vss?

also i have the h23 plenum and runner. i have a h22 tb. it looks like its gonna be a bitch to get to get to the fast idle valve

Member Ride Facebook
      XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
      SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
      For Sale Thread

Comment

after having my fast idle valve replaced
        and the problem still remained
        a few weeks later, i found out that there was oil in the spark plug area and i had all the spark plug and valve cover gaskets replaced

afted that, i didnt have surging idle problems anymore!
        it will still idle pretty low though, most of the time at 500-600 rpm and the engine shakes from that

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

follow proper procedures for setting the idle.

if it's still too low...unscrew the idle screw with the car running and the IACV plugged in...not the proper way but when all else fails...

same with if it idles too high.

BUT ONLY AFTER YOU'VE SET IT PROPERLY FIRST! and after you've cleaned and adjusted.

My problem was just because the screw would keep backing itself out...diry tb won't help...and dirty iacv won't help either...which is why I say clean first...then reset idle...the reset sorta improperly...then if that don't work...eeeck..new parts
          ____

Comment

man im so glad i found this lol i been lookin for a way to fix my surging idle. It jumps from 900-1500 after warm. Thanks everyone. ill try this tomorrow and see if it works.

Comment

it worked great at first, but it still does it slightly after the car is warmed up. it definately lessend the surging though.

Member Ride Facebook
              XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
              SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
              For Sale Thread

Comment

i just did this the other day lol the guy at the shop taught me glad to see its in the forums

..."CLASSIK"-CB790 ex... {UNDEFINED}My Classy but Sick (Classik) Black on Black Members Ride Thread

Comment

can't see the photos

Originally posted by DaBzzMn
                  Hey guys, I wanted to post this because i am tired of seeing the same thing over and over, "Help idle problems" or "My idle is revving back and forth" I have looked up a picture to show you all on how to fix the problem. Down below is a picture showing the intake manifold.

If you look at group #8-has numbers 3,9,19,26- thats is whats call the fast idle valve. As a honda tech standard on paper this is how you correct the problem.
                  1) Start the engine
                  2) remove the cover of the idle valve by the two screws
                  3) Push your finger on the valve seat area-the cone shaped object inside- and make sure that there is airflow with the engin cold
                  * If not, replace the fast idle valve and retest
                  4) Warm up the engine (cooling fans come on twice)
                  5) Check that the valve is completely closed. If not, air suction can be felt (by putting your hand over the top) in the valve seat area.
                  * If any suction is felt, the valve is leaking. Replace the fast idle valve and recheck

To help out even further, if you having a surging problem there is a ring around the air bypass valve. turnit to the left to stop the surging.

Thanks
                  Anton
                  1992 Honda Accord LX 2.2, CB7, F22A1, Bordeaux Red Pearl; Makati City, Philippines
                  Member: Accord Tuners (AT) of Honda Club Philippines (HCP) aka tibo_3rd

Comment

Originally posted by DaBzzMn
                    Hey guys, I wanted to post this because i am tired of seeing the same thing over and over, "Help idle problems" or "My idle is revving back and forth" I have looked up a picture to show you all on how to fix the problem. Down below is a picture showing the intake manifold.

If you look at group #8-has numbers 3,9,19,26- thats is whats call the fast idle valve. As a honda tech standard on paper this is how you correct the problem.
                    1) Start the engine
                    2) remove the cover of the idle valve by the two screws
                    3) Push your finger on the valve seat area-the cone shaped object inside- and make sure that there is airflow with the engin cold
                    * If not, replace the fast idle valve and retest
                    4) Warm up the engine (cooling fans come on twice)
                    5) Check that the valve is completely closed. If not, air suction can be felt (by putting your hand over the top) in the valve seat area.
                    * If any suction is felt, the valve is leaking. Replace the fast idle valve and recheck

To help out even further, if you having a surging problem there is a ring around the air bypass valve. turnit to the left to stop the surging.

Thanks
                    Anton
                    AHHHHH....Ibet your pulling your hair out now, huh?you started another thread about idle probs.lol not flamin' just sayin'. you know it wont end. maybe there is a way to have a search engine so we can just type key words, and well, you know how it works. If a subscription fee would be need ed for that, there is anough peeps here to keep it low so noone leaves.
                    you'll love my nuts!

Comment

im having problems taking those 2 screws off!! lol, is there a way to get these screws off before i reck it?

Comment

I tightened it and it worked perfect, had it at my Honda dealer, they said it needed to be replaced :O .
                        Which would have cost a small fortune, so i choose not to do it.
                        I am pretty happy that i didnīt have them change it.. And all thanks to you .
                        Dennis.

Comment

Originally posted by lx-accord
                          im having problems taking those 2 screws off!! lol, is there a way to get these screws off before i reck it?

Yeah I have the same problem. I think I little partially strip one of screw head.

The screws is SUPER TIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                            from the way you describe it you do not

the problem comes when your car idles at 2000 (not 1800) and stays there...
                            or when your idle bounces...pulses...goes back and forth...whatever...

900 up to 1800 back to 900 back to 1800 back to 900 etc etc...

normal is 1500-1800 till warm up then slowly goes down to 700-900...then after driving it ALWAYS goes back to 700-900 range at a stop/neutral.
                            u don't have an iacv/ fast idle valve problem but it sounds like your idle could be adjusted a little bit just tighten the throttle cable at the throttle body when the car is warm till it idles at 950 to 975 rpms and you're set.
                            back to do it again... no flipping of accords this time!!!

Hit me up with techy questions if i don't have an answer i can get an answer...

Comment

For the stripped screw: Vice Grips. Then go to Lowes and get:
                              "Hex Cap Screw
                              Class 8.8
                              M5-.80 x 12"

As for the idling, how long should "warm-up" take? When i start my car, no matter the weather, it jumps right to 1300-1500RPMs and takes anywhere from 3-8 minutes to come down to 800RPMs. Is that a normal time period?

I feel like im wasting a good portion of gas on warm-up alone.

But how do you go about cleaning the fitv? Do you just pull the little cap off and remove the inside parts and clean them, or....?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Nothing?

I made 23mpg this last time and im willing to bet that if i didnt have to sit for 5 minutes almost everytime i started my car, i wouldve been able to squueze out another mpg or 2.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                                Originally posted by Jarrett
                                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                                X