Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

For all those with idle problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
    Nothing?

I made 23mpg this last time and im willing to bet that if i didnt have to sit for 5 minutes almost everytime i started my car, i wouldve been able to squueze out another mpg or 2.

I never let it sit more than a minute or so to warm up in winter (and I'm in northern IL,) just drive it easy first couple of minutes if you're worried about warming it up. Any longer and you're just burning gas.

IMHO of course.

Comment

Thats what i wanna do. Im just worried of any consequences of not letting it come to 750rpm.

Maybe i'll experiment with it for a week and i'll let it sit for a minute or two and go. Then i'll see if it runs any different using that technique.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

this works great saved me alot of time and money it took me two minutes thanks alot
        http://www.myspace.com/alliance_nwracing

cb7 NOW FOR SALE!!!

Comment

Question, could a loss in tranny fluid contribute to very rough idle in P, D or reverse? cause I think I have that problem
          My Black "H"
          AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

Originally posted by ex_style90 View Post
            Question, could a loss in tranny fluid contribute to very rough idle in P, D or reverse? cause I think I have that problem
            I'm seeing something very much like this. I tightened the fast idle, and that fixed the majority of my issues, but in drive or reverse it's still got a VERY rough idle. Almost down to 400RPMs and it feels like the car is going to shake it's self to pieces. I've tried messing with the throttle cable, and I've adjusted the idle screw on the bottom side of the throttle body to no avail. Could a gap between the TB and the intake be causing this? When we put this motor in the car, we had to switch the TBs since the motor came out of a 5 speed (yeah, I've got an auto ), and the gasket was a little ate up. Everything is snug, and I can't find a leak in the vacuum system anywhere else. Let me know what you all think!!

Comment

This should be arranged and put in the sticky section.
              My RIDE

Comment

bummpp cuz i needed this information

Comment

In the fast idle i just tightned the " white thing" that circles the valve idk how's it called but after that everything came back to normal.

Comment

seafoam?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

Originally posted by DaBzzMn View Post
                      Hey guys, I wanted to post this because i am tired of seeing the same thing over and over, "Help idle problems" or "My idle is revving back and forth" I have looked up a picture to show you all on how to fix the problem. Down below is a picture showing the intake manifold.

If you look at group #8-has numbers 3,9,19,26- thats is whats call the fast idle valve. As a honda tech standard on paper this is how you correct the problem.
                      1) Start the engine
                      2) remove the cover of the idle valve by the two screws
                      3) Push your finger on the valve seat area-the cone shaped object inside- and make sure that there is airflow with the engin cold
                      * If not, replace the fast idle valve and retest
                      4) Warm up the engine (cooling fans come on twice)
                      5) Check that the valve is completely closed. If not, air suction can be felt (by putting your hand over the top) in the valve seat area.
                      * If any suction is felt, the valve is leaking. Replace the fast idle valve and recheck

To help out even further, if you having a surging problem there is a ring around the air bypass valve. turnit to the left to stop the surging.

Thanks
                      Anton
                      Where is the Air Bypass Valve located at?
                      LIVE FREE OR DIE

Comment

I Cleaned the IAC valve and my idles great now!
                        IridiumCore
                        HCK-The Beginning

--------------------------------------
                        Your drunk she doesn't look that good.

Comment

A good tip to get tight screws off enstead of using vise grips is... Before you have completely stripped the screw, just get a hammer, put your screw driver on the screw and lightly tap the top of the screw driver... thats what I did, before it I was stripping the screw. It was soooo tight that I was kneeling on my engine with all my body weight on the screw and still nothing... Then I gave it a "little" tap with a screw driver and... Presto! its loose. And, Tighteningthe white peice dosnt mean your problem is solved, it could be hideing the realproblem... just a tip. Thanks- Garrett, who also has an ideing problem...HAHA

Comment

Finally got my idle problem fixed. Checked everything, cleaned everything, checked for leaks, pinched hoses, bled coolant, nothing. Then I re checked the FITV and it wouldn't seal up when at NOT. Replaced and re set idle and wha la I now have a normal idle. FINALLY.
                            LIVE FREE OR DIE

Comment

I tightened the white peice for the FICV and it kicked my idle down but didnt fix the problem... Mabey i'll try the FITV...

Comment

Separate from above but definitely pertinent, I've been trying to track down an idle surge for several months now. I tried the above, as well as replacing a bunch of components.

I finally fixed the problem last month when I replaced both intake manifold gaskets. The gasket between the plenum and the runners was the culprit.

Comment

Working...
                                X