Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

noob questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noob questions

im getting ready to start working on my 91 lx with the f22a1 and was just wondering what differences there are between the a1/4/6. the car will b my daily driver but it will see track time too. im in the process of building a a full exhaust system and im ordering an air intake soon. im also thinking of installing either the tien ss coilovers or k sport cs (? i think thats it). what r ur opinions on those. and my buddy wants me to put a r34 style body kit on. i need bumpers and front fenders cuz mine r really beat up. i dont want the car to look like a "tuner" but rather i want sumthing more stealthy.

specs: 17" rims and stock everthing else

First off letting your buddy choose your body kit is ridiculous.

Second, most of the info you wondering about is located in the stickies which can be found in the beginners tech section at the top. F series engine list, beginners guide to mods

Comment

Friends dont let friends buy body kits! haha thats just my opinion not a big fan. I would say get some lips, rather than a body kit

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
      New people click here

Comment

Originally posted by kelton
        Friends dont let friends buy body kits! haha thats just my opinion not a big fan. I would say get some lips, rather than a body kit
        friends dont let friends drive rice
        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Leave the body kits alone,,,, stick to jdm .....

93 Accord H22.. 10th anniv.edition-wrecked R.i.P

99 EM1 Boosted type R- Jacked and never found

Comment

he has that body kit on his 94 accord. it looks good and he recomends it. i dont like body kits thats y im not gonna put a body kit on it. i do need front fenders tho.

as for the engine im wanting to kno if its just programing or if its internal differences. the suspension im trying to get ppls opinion as to which is better for daily driving drag racing and the occasional road course

Comment

well here the million dollar question every new person who starting out needs to ask themselves.... " what results do I want and how much im I willing to spend to make this happen" .......

93 Accord H22.. 10th anniv.edition-wrecked R.i.P

99 EM1 Boosted type R- Jacked and never found

Comment

dude, putting a body kit on ur cord completely contradicts the whole stealth thing. u want stealth, stock body, mild lowering, black rims, no tint, quiet exhaust. and all your motor questions are answered it the sticky in the forum

good luck man, keep us updated
                "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                Disregard females, acquire currency
                BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

ive decided the body work is gonna stay stock. im not even gonna fix the damage. as for suspension ive settled on bout 1.5-1.75 drop. i already bought rims for the car and they look ok. i dont want the car to b the same as every accord out there but i dont want it to b the one that everyone knos either. right now tho it is just sitting until i get the front end repaired from the accident the kid i bought it off of had in june 06.

as for the engine im lookin to eventually go turbo but that will b a few years out. now im looking to b able to play with my friends who drive mustangs and camaros. is it possible on a small budget. i have a limit of 4k that i will put into the car total. so far ive got 1k spent on the car rims and rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by hondatuner4267
                    friends dont let friends drive rice
                    that to.. haha

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
                    New people click here

Comment

wanna be different? upgrade your F22 and skip the H22 and f20 swap. but im sure just to make close to the same amount of power as an h, you'll probably overshoot the 4k limit you set. oh well, the price we pay for individuality, no?

Comment

4k is simply not enough. if you want it to play with stangs or camaros, ull need a built motor and Vtec wont hurt at all. however, an H22 is like half ur spending money. the rest MIGHT be able to cover the rebuild, but still...i think what it all boils down to is u need more money...a common trait between me and you lol. good luck tho
                        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                        Disregard females, acquire currency
                        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

dude you can do anythiing u want to a car as long as u got the dough...nahmean....
                          A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

Originally posted by jyoungblood87
                            dude you can do anythiing u want to a car as long as u got the dough...nahmean....
                            what the hell happened to your windshield?

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

im gonna put most of the money into the engine. im thinkin that ill go turbo soon but i cant do full custom work cuz the car is gonna b my work vehicle. as far as being able to compete with my friends stangs and camaros thats not a big deal. all io wanna do there is atleast b able to look like i fit in better cuz right now im driving a 2005 jeep wrangler and i look outta place with them.

i also have a few friends with delsols eclipcse 5th gen accords. those r the friends that i really want to show up. they think they r bad ass but they r stupid and in reality my jeep walks all over there shit.

Comment

Working...
                              X