Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

short shifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short shifters

i know theres short shifter adapter and short shifter stick.

does it really matter which one i get,
    if i get the adpater the stick will b same length,
    or if i get the stick it ill jus b smaller and faster shiftin

any suggestions guys
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

If you buy a shifter like the Yeamans17 one, it will have a reduced throw and reduced height.

The P-spec is shorter in height and has adjustable throw length.

Both height and throw matter as far as the feeling in shifting, but a shorter throw will have a larger effect than a shorter height.

Comment

search and you will find one that you can make your self for less than 4 dollars.... I made one it it wrks awsome......

Comment

why cany u jus tell where 2 search cuz i dont no where 2 start i tried the search in cb7

Comment

i just looked for it and can't find it anymore something happen to this site it is alot dif then it was like a month ago sorry!!!

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=46210

Comment

Thats the one just ugrade to grade 8 bolts and some good washers.

Comment

i dont get wat he changed tho like the rod or something he didnt have b4 and after pics

Comment

just buy a short shifter from yeamans17, you'll be glad you did.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                    i dont get wat he changed tho like the rod or something he didnt have b4 and after pics
                    He's using the stock shifter, the ONLY thing he added was the pictured pipe clamp that allows him to raise the pivot and keep it adjustable. You could raise it as high as it will go before it hits the center console, and that's if you're running a center console, if you aren't, you could raise it even more.

I would not get a short shift adapter, there's alot of extra unnecessary material there that doesn't allow the pivot to be raised alot. The pipe clamp itself is very small and doesn't take up alot of room under the console, thus you can raise the pivot more.

I'm using a 4th gen prelude shifter and shifter plate, and the factory shift cable bracket was cut off and rewelded as high as it would go (1 5/8") before the cable hit the bottom of the cupholder tray.

Comment

Originally posted by tunerman
                      just buy a short shifter from yeamans17, you'll be glad you did.
                      x2
                      he makes some quality shifters

Comment

No matter what you do and what you get, all a short shifter does is change the location of where the cable mounts to the shifter. Change that, change the throw. Once you put a knob and boot on it, it's invisible...

So either go with a DIY clamp or bracket, as found in the DIY forums, or buy a modified shifter from yeamans17. The modified shifters are good because the bracket is welded on... so the chances of it failing are less than the bolt-on things that can come loose over time. I don't know if yeamans17 cuts the shift lever itself to make it shorter (as fushigi RES did back when I got mine... same concept), but I'm sure he could if you asked. The throw is what matters most, though.

Comment

Working...
                        X