Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a1 build up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a1 build up

So, I'm going to try to build my f22 up to max hp without having to take the engine itself apart.

I'm going to get DC headers 4-2-1 and a downpipe <= as soon as its needed
    intake manifold... I know either to look for the h23 manifold or the f22a6 manifold
    would this work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-A...spagenameZWDVW

I'm looking for a delta 272 cam or equivalent.

What more should I be looking for? Bigger throttle body? Throttle body spacers?
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

I/H/E/manifold swap, lighter flywheel, 272 cam, Unorthodox Racing pulleys, a tune up and a good tune will make for a good reliable setup.

I wouldn't put the OBX manifold on my car, it's more for uber high hp N/A monsters or 400+hp turbo cars, and even then it doesn't make much power.

-Kyle
    SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
    -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Throttle body spacers do crap. And if you want proven products look under Bisi. Expensive but his shit has been track proven.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by F22Turbo702
        I/H/E/manifold swap, lighter flywheel, 272 cam, Unorthodox Racing pulleys, a tune up and a good tune will make for a good reliable setup.

I wouldn't put the OBX manifold on my car, it's more for uber high hp N/A monsters or 400+hp turbo cars, and even then it doesn't make much power.

-Kyle
        I have the ram air intake, i have the exhaust done, I'll get the headers soon, but what about the intake manifold? What should I look to get?
        My Car

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley
          I have the ram air intake, i have the exhaust done, I'll get the headers soon, but what about the intake manifold? What should I look to get?
          Since you're gettin' the DC head might as well go for the h23 IM...but that's IMO.

*Needs*
          -New shocks
          -Struts
          -Drop
          -Cleaning
          -New Tires/Wheels
          -New Window Tint
          -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

I found the intake manifold from an EX. I think its from a 90, but I think it'll still work.
            Should I get the intake manifold from an EX or from an H22/H23?
            My Car

Comment

h23.

h23 has a bigger plenum and bigger throttle body.

if you're not gona take the engine apart, then do some porting to the IM and throttle body before you put it on.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

H23 or F22b DOHC, I have the F22B intake manifold and I love it.

-Kyle
                SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

So in terms of IM, h23 or f22b manifold. Both will line up, bolt up, etc, no problem right?

wtf is the plenum?

anyone know where i could get my engine ported and polished around the north east PA area?
                  My Car

Comment

if you have the money get yourself a h23 pnp custom tb too, custom header from Dave over at DHracing 4 to 1 with a 2 1/2 collector and 272 cam , Nx setup look up hondafan81's red accord that should give you an idea of what to do plus theres tons of kewl cars, here on this site start readin youll be shocked at what you can learn LOL
                    i went over 88mph and its not even yesterday
                    second try 112+ mph havent even gained 5mins
                    stupid fluxcopasitor damned DMC parts

my thread
                    comin at ya

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley
                      So in terms of IM, h23 or f22b manifold. Both will line up, bolt up, etc, no problem right?

wtf is the plenum?

anyone know where i could get my engine ported and polished around the north east PA area?
                      The plenum is the top part of the intake manifold. The thing with the PGMFI sticker on it, where the throttle body attaches.

There's a shop in Woodbury Heights, NJ that does engine work. They know Hondas quite well. All About Performance is the name, 856-853-8282 is the number. It's fairly close to Philly, so it may be a bit South for you... but I'd trust them. I'll be going to them for some work in the near future.

Comment

sweet, I'll give them a call some time soon.

So, h23 IM and TB it is... I cant find anything more than the OBX ones on ebay tho. I'll have to keep looking.

h23 IM and TB are going to bolt up directly, right?
                        My Car

Comment

I know the plenum will. I believe the whole manifold will as well.

You really don't need an aftermarket intake manifold. For near-stock cars, or even cars with mild headwork, they aren't necessary. They'd hurt performance, honestly. The H23 manifold will give you some decent gains. Quite possibly 10-15hp by itself.

Comment

I found the intake manifold from an h22. its got like, everything on it. Including the injectors. Should I pull everything off of my old intake manifold and put them on the h22? could i do that or do i need h22 specific parts?
                            I also found the h22 TB. would that work as well as the h23 TB.

what is pnp custom?

There are lots of h22 IM / TB by skunk2.
                            My Car

Comment

whats the diff in IM from h22 vs h23... i know the h22 = 2.2L and h23 = 2.3L, but the IM should be the same.. eh?
                              My Car

Comment

Working...
                              X