Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a1 build up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u could just put all aftermarket parts for it
    back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley
      yeah that makes way more sence. I just looked at the diagram. I thought the plenum and runners were all one unit. Once i saw that i knew what you were talking about.
      But, ... maybe i should do some other research >:C

the h22 plenum will directly bolt onto the f22a6 runners. But would they directly bolt onto the f22a1 runners?

like d11 said. no they wont bolt to the runners on an a1 IM. the reason is because the f22a6 has DUAL runners as opposed to the f22a1 and a4s SINGLE runners.

you would have to put some money into custom work if you put a dual runner plenum on an a1 or a4 runners. youd have to cut the runners open then find some way to get the extra air through the larger plenum.

Comment

omg this is absurd :P

Thanks for the help, I'm going to look around for a while to see if i can find something that'd work. I dont feel like asking any more questions because it seems like the more i ask... the more I need to ask :P

Sounds like a can of worms for about 5-10hp boost. :P

Thanks though.
        My Car
        FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

the h22a is a quick way to get power
          back at it again

Comment

Air in and air out also. CAI and a good exhaust are usually the first things. F22b Vtec head is an easy swap, adjustable cam gears, nice clutch/flywheel set-up w/short throw doesn't hurt either. If you're not doing the bottom end I'd be sure to get a compression check before you build the top.I just decided to keep an F22 in mine but I'm boosting.
            Last edited by CB7_Project; 05-17-2007, 01:35 AM. Reason: Grammer

Comment

[QUOTE=CB7_ProjectF22b Vtec head is an easy swap.[/QUOTE]
              easy but completely stupid and a waste of time and money.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

yes, i wish i had my first f22a so i can rebuld it
                back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by i-07
                  the h22a is a quick way to get power
                  yeah but not everyone has that "easy power" money. swaps like that can cost from $2300 and up. with about half that he would be able to build his motor up to the amount of power he's loogking for.

i WOULD get a h22 swap but it would just go into that battle thats been going on for so long, which is better: the h22 swap or boosted f22. it all depends on the owner.

im going to what he's doing. i dont plan on buying any one part that cost more than i got the car for. i got mine for $800. so dont intend on seeing on my members ride thread any part that cost more than that. lol.

there are too many things you can do to the stock motor(head swaps, exhaust, cams, port and polish) that you can do to raise the hp to where its enough for the street but more than enough to dust that civic or teggy that pulls up next to you at the light or at the track.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    I know the plenum will. I believe the whole manifold will as well.

You really don't need an aftermarket intake manifold. For near-stock cars, or even cars with mild headwork, they aren't necessary. They'd hurt performance, honestly. The H23 manifold will give you some decent gains. Quite possibly 10-15hp by itself.
                    Our F22ax heads flow quite nicely stock, if on budget have your exhaust ports done only and you'll see benefits. A bored throttle-body and ported intake manifold will hurt nothing but gain. Throw on 3" intake, header and exhaust and you'll feel a difference.

If you have money left, get a camshaft, chipped ECU and tuning (must get all together). Don't bother with an adjustable cam gear for any cam regrind, just use stock cam gear and set to 0 degrees. Also, make sure your clutch is in healthy condition and not slipping, this obviously defeats any performance modification purposes (if you have manual tranny).

bored TB www.maxbore.com

headwork www.chrracingproducts.com
                    headwork www.pure-tuning.com

chipped ECU via d112crzy or MRX
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i just wish I knew exactly what to look for and buy.
                      i'm going to go find an h22 TB and Intake manifold. But the runners... urg... what runners will bolt to an f22a1 head... yet allow the h22 plenum to bolt to them... on top of that... which runners are the best to bolt the h22 plenum to?...

by doing that... what gains are people even seeing? Is it worth the time, hastle, and money?

Honestly, right now I'm tryinig to boost hp WITH mpg... Headers will help when i get them... hopefully not till about july or august, depending on my downpipe.

I just wish a site told you what worked with what to do what.

Its really frusterating being new to the cb7 scene. I've had my car for... meh over a year now. Originally bought for $4000 and it had 28,000 miles on it... its got 64,000 on it now, so I'm not going to do any top or bottom end engine work... but I will swap out the intake manifold and exhaust manifold :P
                      My Car
                      FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

i found a bunch of h22a motors with trany for under $1k
                        back at it again

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ELECT...ayphotohosting

derrr... looks kinda cheesey

especially after i found this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-...spagenameZWDVW

wow wow wee wow
                          My Car