Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a1 build up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pnp means to "port and polish"

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley
      whats the diff in IM from h22 vs h23... i know the h22 = 2.2L and h23 = 2.3L, but the IM should be the same.. eh?
      h22 runners will not bolt onto the f22a head. The top half is the same as the h23 tho.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

would you have to reprogram the ecu if you uprgrade your IM to F22A6 or H23 or do you just slap it in n drive?
        Hold On Not Done Accelerating
        Had One Never Did Again

Comment

You don't have to. But you'd see better gains with a custom tuned ecu, not just a chipped ecu with a basemap.

Comment

Originally posted by jas_r34
            would you have to reprogram the ecu if you uprgrade your IM to F22A6 or H23 or do you just slap it in n drive?
            As long as you have a PT6 ECU out of the A6 to control the dual runners, no.

That is, of course, unless you've hooked the runners up to open via vacuum.

Comment

so the A1 ecu wouldnt work to full potential with A6 IM?
              Hold On Not Done Accelerating
              Had One Never Did Again

Comment

That is correct.

Comment

would the a1 ecu work with the h23?

Comment

grr, i keep hitting 'next thread' thinking it'll go to page 2... nope, so i replied to this on someone elses' thread... oops

anyway
                    god damn this is confusing.
                    h22 runners <--- wtf is that?

So, bottom line here, Will an h22 IM and TB directly bolt up to a f22a1 engine?
                    Can I use it effectively with the ECU from an LX? Should I get a new ECU? if so, what one from what accord/engine?
                    This sounds more and more like a can of worms >:C.

If i get the H22 TB, would cruise control still work? i read somewhere that the skunk2TB dosent support cruise control.

sorry if i seem thick headed, this is all pretty confusing and i want to get my ducks in a row before i do something.
                    Thanks
                    My Car
                    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

godfuckingdamn. do some researching.

runners are the bottom part of an intake manifold. The top part is the plenum, which the tb is attatched to.

the h22 runners will not bolt on to the f22a head.

you can use your stock ecu, but it won't run to its full potential. if you want to get the right ecu, it will be a chipped ecu, tuned.

now fuckin search.

Comment

man, if its this big of a hastle, i'll forget about it.
                        My Car

Comment

My red Accord project link in my signature goes along the same concept you're trying to achieve. I did all the performance modifications you can do without touching the block (keeping the stock 8.8 CR) and using 87 octane gas. It is a reliable and peppy daily driver. I netted 155 whp/127 wtq on a Mustang roller dyno, which supposedly is known for lower values than a Dynojet.
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

HondaFan knows what he's talking about.

ok. ill put it this way.

h22 IM= will NOT bolt on an f22a motor

BUT you can use the plenum tho. that plenum is the part were the TB hooks up to. if you take the bolts off the top of the IM then youll get that top part. its the plenum

BUT the h22 AND h23 PLENUMS WILL bolt onto the f22a6 runners(the runners is the part thats left over when you take the plenum off.)

make sence?

Comment

yeah that makes way more sence. I just looked at the diagram. I thought the plenum and runners were all one unit. Once i saw that i knew what you were talking about.
                              But, ... maybe i should do some other research >:C

the h22 plenum will directly bolt onto the f22a6 runners. But would they directly bolt onto the f22a1 runners?
                              My Car

Comment

first you gota cut open the f22a1 manifold.

Comment

Working...
                                X