Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92 Accord LX, No compression.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 Accord LX, No compression.

I have a 92 Accord LX, 16 Valve, 4 Cylinder(Auto). So, I was driving down the expressway doing about 55-60, and my car shut off. I got it towed home, and me and my dad took off the Valve cover and he said there is no compression. So, I'm a total noob at cars, my dad knows alot about cars in general, but not Honda's. He says, I need a whole new engine. But I dunno, What else could be causing no compression, thanks for the help.
    Facebook.
    Xbox Live: Call Of Duty4: Unt0uchable15 --I'm a beast!
    Member Ride

does it crank?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
      does it crank?
      Yes it does.
      Facebook.
      Member Ride

Comment

You broke your timing belt, causing you to probably bend valves. replace the timing belt with another, re-check compression. no compression means Bent valves.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
        does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7GHOST
          You broke your timing belt, causing you to probably bend valves. replace the timing belt with another, re-check compression. no compression means Bent valves.
          And if I have bent valves, I guess that means new engine?
          Facebook.
          Member Ride

Comment

Oh might I add, the number one Cylinder is the one that has no compression.
            Facebook.
            Member Ride

Comment

not necessarily, just new valves to replace the ones that are bent, or rather a replacement cylinder head.
              Last edited by Cb7GHOST; 07-05-2007, 04:40 AM.

Comment

not necessarily, just new valves to replace the ones that are bent, or rather a replacement cylinder head.

but before we jump to conclusions, did in fact, the timing belt break? take a look and get back to us.
                Well, I went out there and it isn't broken but it does feel a little loose, like there is some slack to it, because It's supposed to be a tight fit, correct?

How much would valves cost? It it did bend the Valves. Also, How much would a Cylinder Head cost? Thank you so much for your help.
                Facebook.
                Member Ride

Comment

well it occurs to me that it had to be replaced before checking compression anyway, LOL.

a little slack in the belt is ok, and shouldnt be REally tight either.
                  People sell heads here for around 100 bucks shipped. Check out the classifieds section. or you may try a local junkyard.

Comment

well it occurs to me that it had to be replaced before checking compression anyway, LOL.

a little slack in the belt is ok, and shouldnt be REally tight either.
                    People sell heads here for around 100 bucks shipped. Check out the classifieds section. or you may try a local junkyard.
                    lol Yep. Well, I was looking on Ebay, and this is the cheapest one I can find online, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW $150, all the other ones I saw were like $400.
                    Facebook.
                    Member Ride

Comment

Well, I ordered that Cylinder head. Is it difficuilt to put a replacement Cylinder head in? I thank you again.
                      Facebook.
                      Member Ride

Comment

Its a pretty tedious task, I reccomend someone with good experience to do this. That head looks good, you'll also need a new head gasket. Preferably a head gasket set.

Comment

I'm thinking ahead here, but, Whenever I install that Cylinder head, and lets just say that doesn't do it, what else could it possibly be for there to be no compression, Could it be a piston?
                          Facebook.
                          Member Ride

Comment

piston rings...unlikely though, 'cus you were just driving at 55 and the car just 'turned off.'

when was the last time the timing belt was changed before this happened?

Comment

Its a pretty tedious task, I reccomend someone with good experience to do this. That head looks good, you'll also need a new head gasket. Preferably a head gasket set.
                              Yea, I know some people that are good with Honda's, and if it comes down to it, my dad will do it, he is mechanically inclined. lol. Yea, I was going to ask you, if I needed anything else. Thanks for the help, again.
                              Last edited by cleanwithit0607; 07-05-2007, 04:42 AM.
                              Facebook.
                              Member Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X