Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92 Accord LX, No compression.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cb7GHOST
    piston rings...unlikely though, 'cus you were just driving at 55 and the car just 'turned off.'

when was the last time the timing belt was changed before this happened?
    Yea, that's what somebody else said, on another forum, but they were being D!cks. Anyways, yea, I was doing about 55 and it turned off, and I lost all my power. Power steering, and brakes, and all that good stuff. lol. I think it was changed last year.
    Facebook.
    Xbox Live: Call Of Duty4: Unt0uchable15 --I'm a beast!
    Member Ride

Comment

So, Piston rings are the only other thing that would cause no compression? and what would've happened to my car if it was piston rings in the act of driving?

Note: I went and I looked at the Spark Plug(1) and it was like messed up at the tip, what is hitting the spark plug to where it is grinding the spark plug down??? Could it be the Valves that hit it? I think pieces of Spark Plug are in my Cylinder.
      Last edited by cleanwithit0607; 07-05-2007, 05:42 AM.
      Facebook.
      Member Ride

Comment

help
        Facebook.
        Member Ride

Comment

Nope dood cant be the rings, cause my rings were basically shocked when I first got my cord. I still hadnt even replaced them yet ethier.. But I just use alot of Lucas Oil, IMO, you should use that on your engine, especially if its an old engine with alot of miles. But oh yea, to check for good compression, go to the pvc hose ( It connects from the valve cover straight onto the throttle body) take the hose off on the throttle body end And put your finger on the top of the hole, if it sucks you finger down, you should have good compression...This is only an assumption for me tho. try it if you want. Oh yea be sure to have your car running when you do this, if possible..
          My Black "H"
          AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

Originally posted by ex_style90
            Nope dood cant be the rings, cause my rings were basically shocked when I first got my cord. I still hadnt even replaced them yet ethier.. But I just use alot of Lucas Oil, IMO, you should use that on your engine, especially if its an old engine with alot of miles. But oh yea, to check for good compression, go to the pvc hose ( It connects from the valve cover straight onto the throttle body) take the hose off on the throttle body end And put your finger on the top of the hole, if it sucks you finger down, you should have good compression...This is only an assumption for me tho. try it if you want. Oh yea be sure to have your car running when you do this, if possible..
            Rings can cause a loss in compression or no comporession at all. They basically seal the combustion chamber. The only other way is a bent valve as already mentioned. And for the sucking finger down that doesnt tell you crap. It just tells you its somewhat sealing. You wont know the real compression unless you buy a tester and test for yourself.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

you know, ive blown up a few small engines (4 wheeler, go cart, my bro's moped, lawntracters) and they all lost compresion through th rings. So yeah, rings are a pretty big issue. Did it ever smoke befor it died?

Comment

Well, me and my dad went out there, and we looked down the number 1 hole, and, the piston has a hole in it. I have no clue what to do about that, i already ordered a Cylinder Head, but, I will probably need it if i'm going to fix it.
                Facebook.
                Member Ride

Comment

Originally posted by AllWhiteCoupe
                  you know, ive blown up a few small engines (4 wheeler, go cart, my bro's moped, lawntracters) and they all lost compresion through th rings. So yeah, rings are a pretty big issue. Did it ever smoke befor it died?
                  You know, I couldn't really tell because I was driving.
                  Facebook.
                  Member Ride

Comment

Originally posted by cleanwithit0607
                    Well, me and my dad went out there, and we looked down the number 1 hole, and, the piston has a hole in it. I have no clue what to do about that, i already ordered a Cylinder Head, but, I will probably need it if i'm going to fix it.
                    so you guys already took the head off? what hole did you look through.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
                    does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

Are you gonna check those rings then?
                      My Black "H"
                      AL Meet!?

Comment

yeah, rings are vital if you want compresion. Ive blown up lots of small engines befor (4 wheelers, dirtbikes, go carts, lawntractors) and it was always the rings that caused the loss in compresion. Did your car smoke befor it died?

Comment

yeah scratch that. i forgot a already said that LOL

Comment

sounds like a valve broke and droped into the cylender. that happened to my friends Supra. She had to replace the engine entirely. Hopefully yours isn't that bad, but it doesnt sound good...

Comment

Originally posted by AllWhiteCoupe
                              yeah scratch that. i forgot a already said that LOL
                              rightttttttttttt... lol
                              My Black "H"
                              AL Meet!?

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7GHOST
                                so you guys already took the head off? what hole did you look through.

No, My dad looked down some hole and said that there was a hole in the piston, I dunno which hole.
                                Facebook.
                                Member Ride

Comment

Working...
                                X