Bisimoto F22ax Header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote
    Being a 4-1 header, it will be designed more for race use than for street use... so a larger 2.5" collector makes sense.
    He has 2 versions (street and race) for the F22, so I assume the same for the H22 will happen. I know the F22 street has a 2.5" collector.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      Being a 4-1 header, it will be designed more for race use than for street use... so a larger 2.5" collector makes sense.

I would think 2.5 minimum. Some mild bolt on H's have shown to benefit from 3".
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

well since i've heard 2.25'' for an F22B jdm is supposedly the best. and I don't want to lose all my low and mid end power.

I don't want to fell the same has my F22A1 with no mods when I swap a F22B...

Comment

Originally posted by Dan89
          well since i've heard 2.25'' for an F22B jdm is supposedly the best. and I don't want to lose all my low and mid end power.

I don't want to fell the same has my F22A1 with no mods when I swap a F22B...

Just because the collector is bigger does not mean you will lose low end.

The H22 makes 30 more HP than an F22B, and it would depend on your bolt ons which is best.

Bisi will make the correct size calculation for overall performance. I am confident in that.

The stock H22 collector is 2" for USDM, which is too small. That means that if everything is designed right, you could see more power from idle to redline with a 2.5".

There are many many variable besides collector size that will affect performance, so you will just have to trust Bisi's judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
            I would think 2.5 minimum. Some mild bolt on H's have shown to benefit from 3".
            The key is to have the biggest exhaust you can possibly have while maintaining maximum flow velocity. If the exhaust system can be designed in a way to keep the velocity high with 3" starting with the collector, then that would be ideal. The way the engine itself is set up is a big factor as well, though. If the powerband is in the lower RPM range, a large collector will hurt performance. BUT... what NA Honda performance-built motor makes power down low anyway?

2.5" is a safe bet for most DOHC engines, and a mildly built SOHC F22 will probably benefit just the same (2.25" for a stock-ish F22 is the rule of thumb, but once you do some more work to it, larger will help.)

Still, whatever Bisi releases, you can be sure it'll make plenty of power! If you aren't sure what a part will do for you, feel free to ask. Bisi, or someone else that knows more details (like HondaFan81) will be glad to point you in the right direction, I'm sure. You PROBABLY wouldn't want a race header for a bone-stock F22...

Comment

Not sure if this has been asked before but will this new h22 header be CARB approved for those that live in CA?

...adjust accordingly

Comment

I will definitely be purchasing one at some point. And now I'm subscribed to this thread for further info

I'm never gotten a straight response to this question...What if you have a 2.25" exhaust from cat back and then you get this or any header with a larger diameter collector? Should you always upgrade the exhaust tubing to be the same or bigger than the collector or not necessarily?
                Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
                  Not sure if this has been asked before but will this new h22 header be CARB approved for those that live in CA?
                  SAME HEAR

Comment

I have an H22 header question too.

If you were to make 2 versions, what would you set up as the dividing line between "street" and "race?"

Also, do your designs clear all accessories, or are they built solely for maximum power output?

Just trying to get my bearings here.

Thanks for thinking of us Bisi!

Comment

well i think 4-1 for a stock accord is ideal because youll have lil more power in the higher end which cb7s lack in, but i think the best exhaust is 2.25.

but u said street and RACE

the street dia size is it 2.25 or 2.5

because i rather have a 4-1 on a stock motor to free up the high end flow, but if the outlet size is 2.5 wont runnin 2.5 from cat back b best.

even i still think 2.5 is still a lil 2 much for my motor a 2.0 sohc .

it doesnt make sense to go from 2.5 out on header to 2.25 pipin
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Any updates Bisi? I'm def. going to be 1 of the 1st on the list, I've been holding out for one of your headers for awhile now

Comment

he said he has to header styles, 1 street 1 strip

the STRIP is 600 bucks

what about the STREET one, how much will that be?? and whats DIFF about it than strip
                          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Both street and race units will hover in the 600 range. The street has a straight pipe, and the strip has an incorporated megaphone.
                            'Bisimoto D15/D16/F18/F22
                            World's Fastest and Quickest TRUE unibody all motor FWD
                            World's Fastest All Motor SOHC Honda
                            1988 CRX Unibody, D16 full street: 12.68 @ 107mph
                            1988 CRX Unibody, D15 full race: 10.77 @ 123mph
                            1988 CRX Unibody, F22A full race: 9.81 @ 139mph
                            2006 Insight Unibody, F22A: 9.26 @ 152mph
                            NEW!:www.bisimoto.com: parts, dyno tuning, apparel, technology!
                            Bisimoto's Facebook page
                            478 HP naturally aspirated F22A!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
                              bump

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Hey Bisi, any idea when they are going to be ready for purchase? And what kind of horsepower and torque gains are you seeing?
                                Arcadia Green Crew Member #9

Comment

Working...
                                X