Rust repair question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
    How's your quarter panel rust repair coming? If we have a competition to see who finishes first, maybe we'll both do it quicker!
    I have been posting in my member's ride haha the drivers side is attached, just needs body work!

Comment

Looks like you'll get there first. My passenger side is pretty much finished. Got most of the old quarter off the driver side today (working in the driveway); still have to do all the fine cutting to get the wheel housing and quarter skin to fit for welding/adhesive.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Jesus that car is not worth saving. Find a new shell and swap over good parts.
        COUPE K24

Comment

Tougher and tougher to find a good shell these days, particularly in MA or OH. They wouldn't let me buy the whole shell of the donor car I found.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
            Jesus that car is not worth saving. Find a new shell and swap over good parts.
            The only cb I found with a clean body, is a $2000 wagon which I really want! Plus I am doing this for extremely cheap! Finding nice clean body's up north is not easy! Even my fathers 2006 Nissan Altima had rust on the floor, and his 2006 Chrystler town and country has all the doors rusty. It's not from not caring for them because I take care of those cars everytime I am at his house.

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
            Looks like you'll get there first. My passenger side is pretty much finished. Got most of the old quarter off the driver side today (working in the driveway); still have to do all the fine cutting to get the wheel housing and quarter skin to fit for welding/adhesive.
            Yeah I was reading through the thread and you have a ton of work ahead! It should come out great though! I'm not going as extensive as you though haha I'm just replacing the outer panels and trying to fab up as much of the inner quarter as I can. Only doing this to get me another 5-6 years out of the car. Then I will move on to some Arizona car

Comment

Working...
            X