Anyone protecting there fogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone protecting there fogs

Since the Oem fog lights are rare as crap and you have to be rich or lucky to have any set is anyone protecting them from the road and gravel and so forth any ideas on what works ? Other than not having them on our cars

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    Do it once, do it right.
    Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
    Missing My
    White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

You got any ideas?

Im thinking sheets of lexan. Cut close to the shape of the fogs
    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

My touch 4g slide screen protectors

Comment

Originally posted by Junior Smurff View Post
        My touch 4g slide screen protectors
        That's kinda funny what got me thinking is my blinker broke driving 40 miles a day I think the plastic for the fogs are heaver duty than the blinkers but I still want to protect mine since there rare as crap

Do it once, do it right.
        Missing My
        Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Lamin-X

/search.
          H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

Thanks do you think that 6" by 12" will fit both fog lights surface ?

Do it once, do it right.
            Missing My
            Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

You will have to measure your fogs and then determine what size you need. That link I posted is just one size. They have several sizes. See link below:

Lamin-X sheets

Comment

I have yellow tint on my fogs and I guess they prtect them pretty well. I wouldn't be too worried, because like you said, the fogs "lens" is pretty thick.

Here's mine:

'93 LX Wagon (On the back burner)
                '92 EX Wagon (Traded)
                '93 EX Wagon (Current DD)

Comment

Originally posted by turboHLS30 View Post
                  I have yellow tint on my fogs and I guess they prtect them pretty well. I wouldn't be too worried, because like you said, the fogs "lens" is pretty thick.
                  Here's mine:
                  Are those actual CB7 fogs or did you just use a turn signal? If it's a turn signal, the plastic is thinner than the fog lights, thus easier to crack/break.

Originally posted by Bacon View Post
                  Lamin-X
                  /search.
                  Ive had issues with Lamin-X. I bought a couple sheets of yellow thinking it would product my lights and color them. The lights actually ended up burning the laminate, causing a big burn spot on the sheet. Granted, Im using a 55w bulb, but still. This happened after only a matter of a couple of weeks.

Other than clear tape, which I wouldnt recommend, or using pieces of lexan as staed earlier; there really isnt much you can do.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

the fogs are pretty tough. just dont drive behind ANY trucks or SUV's and ull be fine. Laminx will yellow btw.
                    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                      the fogs are pretty tough. just dont drive behind ANY trucks or SUV's and ull be fine. Laminx will yellow btw.
                      I had mine for over 4 years w/o any issues. They are decently thick.

I've seen a lot of people run into issues with the Lamin-X melting. RockBlocker is another option.

Comment

yea they are pretty thick maybe some clear coat ?? idk .. itook mine off today because i want to try and restore them a lil and didnt realize how thick they are is like there almost glass..anyway just dont tailgate too much...should be ok

Comment

3M makes the clear film you'd see on someones hood or other front end pieces, Very durable and UV resistant. I can give you a few part numbers of a the sizes if i get a chance to look later

8 Accords so far:
                          '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                          '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                          (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

I had the same issue with the Lamin-X film with my old Focus. Since then, I use yellow bulbs for my fogs and high beams.

As for protection, there honestly isn't much you can do. If the thick Lamin-X films burn, chances are any layer of anything will.

Comment

Well I've had my OEM fogs on the car for over 3 years now, at least 50k miles. I live on a dirt road, I should check them out, but they are still intact.

These fogs aren't terribly hard to find, just hard to find a deal! Everyone wants $$$ for them. I got 2 sets for under $100.
                              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                              X