Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had a bright idea! I wonder if anyone tried this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a bright idea! I wonder if anyone tried this.

I just put on some amber bumper lights today. So I was wondering how can I use the OEM bumper lights. Can I use those lenses as fogs under the amber bumper lenses? I'd have to get a wire harness and take out the little amber square that's in them, but I can't see why not.
    Any other ideas?

there is a guy on here that has used 9293 bumper lights as fogs. he did warn me that normal fog light bulbs get extremely warm and could melt or warp the lenses. he also had to modify the housing a bit to make room for the bulb.

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
    91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
    funds for swap:$000.00
    Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
    Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

Here you go
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=jaber

Originally posted by Darkcloud
      Wimp go low or go home haha
      Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
      Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

All they would be good for is something to show oncoming drivers that you have extra lights on the front of your car. They wouldn't project light at all. It would be pointless.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          All they would be good for is something to show oncoming drivers that you have extra lights on the front of your car. They wouldn't project light at all. It would be pointless.
          kinda like most 90s Ford fog lights lol.

Comment

And to be completely honest, the fog lights on our cars also, I guess. Unless the shrouds are removed.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

And to be completely honest, the fog lights on our cars also, I guess. Unless the shrouds are removed.
              My fogs were useless. They looked nice, but they were absolutely useless.

The $20 Autozone rectangular units I bought for my winter bumper were FAR superior. They were so nice I kept them around and put them on my Toyota.

Comment

What shrouds are you talking about? They would be better if they were made of glass. Mine help some, more or less like a rear fog when it's wet out.
                The CB7 Collector.
                Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                92 LX Coupe F22A1
                2013 Toyota Corolla S
                92 EX Sedan F22A1
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

of course foglights are useless for output, they're made for fog.

if they were made for output, they would be called driving lights, not foglights. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post

if they were made for output, they would be called driving lights, not foglights. later.
                    They don't do shit in fog either

Foglights still have to project light, they don't magically just cut through fog but make no light else wise

They're designed to aim down low and close to the front of the vehicle, thats really it. If they aimed too far away ( like headlights ) they would illuminate too much fog before they reached the area of the road they shine making it near impossible to see that area.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      They don't do shit in fog either

Foglights still have to project light, they don't magically just cut through fog but make no light else wise

They're designed to aim down low and close to the front of the vehicle, thats really it. If they aimed too far away ( like headlights ) they would illuminate too much fog before they reached the area of the road they shine making it near impossible to see that area.
                      I have to agree with this sentiment.

I ran my OEM fog lamps with Hella Yellowstar bulbs and even with spending countless hours aiming them, they were barely noticeable, even with my (now reflecting upon) junk Eurolite bulbs.

I've had many different aftermarket and OEM setups since them in proper fog beam patterns with multiple different bulbs and not a single one was as poor as the ones on my Accord.

As far as I'm convinced all the optics did was illuminate the housing. You'd be better off drilling holes and putting in LEDs to light up the reflector.

Comment

Working...
                      X