How-to remove emblems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How-to remove emblems?

I want to put some new emblems on my car. How do you remove the old ones without scratchin the paint?

I used a flat head screw driver and put tape at the end of it. Start at the corner and slowly pry it as it gets looser start from that end to the other. Just be careful because the tape can rip, scratchin your paint.

Comment

Dental floss (doubled) and Goo Gone. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
        werd, or fishing line

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
          I should have done that damn.

Comment

I used fishing line, and a hair dryer to remove the 'Accord' and 'EX' emblems from my car. There was stuff left over, I used Goo Gone to get rid of it, and it came right off...

I didn't try to get off the 'Honda' logo because their would be holes left behind and I don't really want that.. Does anyone have anybody have any advise as to how they filled the holes when they took off the 'Honda' emblem?
            1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

Credit card or any plastic card and pry away and goo gone ive done it 3 times

Comment

Good Lookin Out!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kanibus
                  I used fishing line, and a hair dryer to remove the 'Accord' and 'EX' emblems from my car. There was stuff left over, I used Goo Gone to get rid of it, and it came right off...

I didn't try to get off the 'Honda' logo because their would be holes left behind and I don't really want that.. Does anyone have anybody have any advise as to how they filled the holes when they took off the 'Honda' emblem?

only way i can see to get rid of the holes is to fill them with bondo, lightly sand it down and use touch up paint. i'm sure other people have better ideas they have used?

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

Working...
                  X