Does your bra flap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your bra flap?

So i have this aftermarket bra on the car, look great. But it flaps around when on the highway. I've tried adjusting it, made sure its tight. But this sitll occurrs and it looks stupid when it does it . Mine seems to happen on the passenger side only. I thought it may have something todo with the flaps that stick up in the middle.

Does this happen with yours?
    Does this happen with OEM (honda) bras?

Yes, mine does as well. Not often, but sometimes on long trips with cross-winds it'll start to come loose on one side and flap from time to time when the wind hits it just right. My hood bra is a CD5 bra, so the fit wasn't ever going to be 100%. More like 90%...idk.

My suggestion, which works for me, is to experiment with the mounting locations and/or tucking. Trial and error. Just keep trying a new position till it stays down. Or get some velcro and strap that sucker down for good.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Mine never did, but it was brand new so it fit perfectly and it was OEM. Do u have the plastic strips in the wind deflectors? That should keep it down.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET-SPEC View Post
        Mine never did, but it was brand new so it fit perfectly and it was OEM. Do u have the plastic strips in the wind deflectors? That should keep it down.
        I have this "JDM" one (link) .... lol JDM bra.

Anyways, It has the two clips on the top corners and then the large strap that goes from one end to the other. I've tried adjusting it with no luck. I also feel like if enough water goes down under it (from dripping down the hood) it would stay there. Do these things hold the water?

Comment

sounds to me like its catching air in the middle, does the bra have a strap nea the hood latch in the middle?
          Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Anything like that, that is permantely affixed will retain dirt and water and ruin the paint.

I think people who sport these bras take them off and clean really well and wax to keep the paint nice, otherwise you will have problems.

Comment

Originally posted by GearBangnAccord View Post
              sounds to me like its catching air in the middle, does the bra have a strap nea the hood latch in the middle?
              No it does not. The end of the hood fits in the bra like a big pocket lenght ways. If you know what I mean. So I can't see air getting under it.

How do OEM ones attach?

Comment

Comment

After staring at this thing on the highway for a while I see what is happening.
                  The bra sags a big (towards the front bumper). As the wind hits it, it pushes the "sag" up the bra causing it to flap.

My question for ya'll is does this happen with OEM bras?

Comment

I forget what brand of hood bra I had. It was aftermarket, but it was not as big height wise as OEM or other aftermarkets. The fitment was very tight side to side and it had the strap that went across underneath the hood like I see on yours. No issues with flapping, but my paint took a toll with the sun and rain.

Be sure to wax your hood regularly. Take off and clean every couple of days. Take it off went its raining or you wash your car too.

I like both looks of the Bra and Bug deflector. Even the bug deflector collects leaves and can ruin your hood, also needs to be removed for cleaning once in while.
                    Last edited by DanCan; 06-10-2013, 10:43 AM.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Yea, don't Rock it when it rains, either that or the sun makes them wrinkle and sag. And your supposed to condition it if u have a leather one.

I'm pretty sure it's because people don't take them off when it rains and it soaks up that water and ruins it.
                      Last edited by STREET-SPEC; 06-10-2013, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I see....

Well with the flapping, the rain issue, the sun issue, the waxing and the fact that its non-OEM. I'm going bra-less

Maybe I'll put it on the other car someday. Thanks for the info folks

Comment

Working...
                        X