Legend lip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legend lip

I'm having a very hard time putting this on. I'm pretty sure it's a legend lip.
    BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Cool story bro, you must have missed the DIY thread with pictures. It isn't that hard. I did it without the wood screws and maintained OEM hardware. Drilling and cutting will be involved.

Comment

Ya I did some research on this site last night and found out that the sedan lip doesn't fit that well :\
      I wish I knew that before i spent half an hour at the junkyard trying to get the lip off the acura.
      OK almost got it on last night but gave up because I didn't really have the right tools. If I had a heating gun and something sharper to cut the plastic I would have gotit
      BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

Originally posted by RoseRoyce View Post
        Ya I did some research on this site last night and found out that the sedan lip doesn't fit that well :\
        I wish I knew that before i spent half an hour at the junkyard trying to get the lip off the acura.
        OK almost got it on last night but gave up because I didn't really have the right tools. If I had a heating gun and something sharper to cut the plastic I would have gotit
        yeah i used to have the sedan lip on mine and it was a bitch to get it to look half way decent. the coupe lip is alot easier to fit on the accord bumper, had to heat the corners up a little and i used wood screws on mine. just make sure you use the short ones if you do use them.ive also seen people put rivets in them as we;;

Comment

Originally posted by 919coupe View Post
          yeah i used to have the sedan lip on mine and it was a bitch to get it to look half way decent. the coupe lip is alot easier to fit on the accord bumper, had to heat the corners up a little and i used wood screws on mine. just make sure you use the short ones if you do use them.ive also seen people put rivets in them as we;;
          I was gona try it again but if it was a bitch to you too then maybe I won't. I have a 94 cd5 lip on now and I use zip ties. Might sound ghetto but zip ties are mayja
          BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

Originally posted by RoseRoyce View Post
            I was gona try it again but if it was a bitch to you too then maybe I won't. I have a 94 cd5 lip on now and I use zip ties. Might sound ghetto but zip ties are mayja
            dont give up.try this my BF did this and got his on it 15 mins.for the lip you have theres around an inch gap from the end of the bumper and lip so measure an inch on each side and the first side put a self taping screw through the lip in the bumper same with the other side put a screw at right befor the curve and same with the other side. now the lip is on some what bend the lip at the curve of the bumper and put a screw in it and same with the other side then line it all up and put the screws in the front of it and your done just gotta work it back and forth would be better with a heat gun but he didnt use one. i watched my BF do this to his car and worked out fine fits good.

Comment

I'm sorry but self tapping screws or wood screws are the lazy way and incorrect way to do it. You should have kept all of the hardware from the donor car. I used all OEM hardware in mostly OEM locations on the Acura lip and adapted the CB7 bumper for it.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                I'm sorry but self tapping screws or wood screws are the lazy way and incorrect way to do it. You should have kept all of the hardware from the donor car. I used all OEM hardware in mostly OEM locations on the Acura lip and adapted the CB7 bumper for it.
                he had to do it that way there were no tabs on it the guy before him must have cut them off so he put the screws in it and was easier that way.but holds up just fine same as the oem lip did.also when i got my carbon fiber lip it came with the same screws but my BF just drilled the holes bigger and use all my oem hardware and used the self tapping ones that came with my lip for his lip.
                Last edited by dayzielynn; 07-26-2013, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X