WELL spent 1K on rust repair (PICS)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WELL spent 1K on rust repair (PICS)...

Well, I got my rust fixed properly (welded patches), my rear bumper redone, my spoiler painted, and my dings removed. $1000 is a lot, but worth it in the long run, I think. I got both rear quarters repaired/ painted with stuff REMOVED not taped over (tail lights, antenna, moldings). The driver's side door repaired, dings removed, adjusted, and repainted. The rear bumper was touched up using an airbrush, I think. There were probably 6 dings that were ugly as all get out. Plus, they painted an OEM spoiler that had been repainted once before. I removed the LED bar and the trim piece so it would be so clean, and it is as well. No pic. of the spoiler, but it looks brand new. Once I remove the buff compound residue, the car will look even better. Still some dust as seen in the pictures.

I know people will say "Man, that's nothing. My boyz and I painted my whole car and repaired 52 dings, a mile of rust, and painted the moldings while drinking a free keg and filming GGW... You were jobbed, son!" Trust me, this is a pro job and not a DIY unless you seriously know someone. This is a small shop, been around forever, and came highly recommended. I think 1K is a great price considering what was done and how it looks now. I'm very satisfied and just thought I'd share. Enjoy...

Before and After pictures

w00, w00t!!!

loks hella nice.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

looks good, but thats alot 1k american jesus. oh well you should get her rust checked if you want it to last more than a season.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Looks very good. Today i was washing my car when i fell into depression looking at my rust. Than i bumped up ATX's diy. I dont know what i want to do.

Looks nice though.

Comment

1k, man you got jobbed yo, me and my boys fix like 57 dents, repaired like a mile of rust, and sprayed on new paint while drinking a keg and filming girls gone wild...

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
          where you been, is something wrong?
          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

nice work however did the repairs. but 1 k just sounds like so much..lol

Comment

looks good..the 1k you spent isn't bad at all. smart of you not to "cheap out." rust is not an easy fix, and when done properly, it can be eliminated.
              5.6L V8 32V DOHC
              JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Looks tight man. Sounds like you are happy with it

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                  looks good..the 1k you spent isn't bad at all. smart of you not to "cheap out." rust is not an easy fix, and when done properly, it can be eliminated.
                  True true and true. Rust is very tricky and a lot of shops plain will not do it. These guys hooked it up on this "old" of a car and make it look right. It's like 2 guys in a small shop who do not advertise and don't use computer software. Nothing fancy, just good old school knowledge of how to do it right and make money without a bunch of frilly crap (waiting room, fish tanks, nice desks, customer reps, color brochures, potted plants, etc). New pics of the whip in the sun.
                  Last edited by offthahook; 04-09-2005, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I'm paying double that for my repair...but I'm having it done differently.

Comment

damn that shit is lookin fresh. well worth tha money. and itz a good investment. luckly i dont have that problem wit my cb7.

:Back In Business...

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                        I'm paying double that for my repair...but I'm having it done differently.
                        Are you getting new quarters or a chameleon paint job? How are you doing it?

Comment

Originally posted by offthahook
                          Are you getting new quarters or a chameleon paint job? How are you doing it?
                          New inners/new outers. My car will be 100% rust free when done.

Comment

Originally posted by RyderzUnlimited
                            damn that shit is lookin fresh. well worth tha money. and itz a good investment. luckly i dont have that problem wit my cb7.
                            Thanks! If I cleaned off the little bits of remaining buff compund/dust, it would look brand new for rizeal. Unless you take super good care of your rear wheel arches from day one, your car is probably weak at those points. May only be a matter of time. When I bought my whip, I was leary of cars with no rust because they all seem to rust there after so long. I also took off those rubber pieces that line the lip of those rear quarter panels. Everyone tells me that is what traps the water and dirt, which rusts over time. I now have $4500 in the Accord and it has just turned 96K. Much better than buying one for $4500 because I think the rust is under control for awhile. Small, independent body shops own.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                              New inners/new outers. My car will be 100% rust free when done.

how bad is your rust? and is that with repaint? color match? thanks. just getting prices.
                              [deevergote]" It's not the car that makes the ricer... it's the ricer that ruins the car!"

Comment

Working...
                              X