Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weatherstripping around outside of door

As I head into my new accord I have a question

I went ahead and replaced all my windows *because they had tint or came with better tint that was on the call* what I want to know is the thin strip around the drivers door * I will put a pic up tomarrow* but its gone and makes the door seiously look like it's bent out from the door way * it makes no wind noise or leaks just looks weird Is there any way to replace that without replaceing the door?

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    Do it once, do it right.
    Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
    Missing My
    White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

You can replace the weatherstripping wait are you talking about the chrome plastic around the door or the actual rubber? Those rubber seals are like $75-90 on this website I was looking at. I have the link at home on my desktop.

Comment

It's the rubber that wrapps the top of the door not the trim along the bottom sorry for not being very clear

Do it once, do it right.
      Missing My
      Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Yes, it can be replaced. It is stretched around the door like a big rubberband. Likely have to get it from a dealer. For 1991 LX sedan, part number 72350-SM4-023 $56.04 from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
        Last edited by Fleetw00d; 01-14-2014, 01:21 PM.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

thank you for that... The one on my white cb is still pretty good wonder if I could steal it off that one I need to go into my service manual to see if there is any info on replacement

Do it once, do it right.
          Missing My
          Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Working...
          X