Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painted Rear Speakers Pods

1993 Honda Accord EX

It started when I finally got my rear window tint removed that I started noticing how ugly my speaker pods were looking. Since my interior is the Maroon color, the pods became very faded.

I purchased some Black Vinyl & Fabric spray paint by Dupli-Color & resprayed both rear speaker pods.

I like the way the Black looks against the Maroon especially for a speaker set-up. Honestly I think it should have been black in the first place!! (Who the hell wants Maroon looking speakers?) Not me.

Don't make fun of my Jeg's Hat.

Keep Pushing..

Looks good. You should do black fabric to the 3rd brake light.

Comment

Great job! I need to do mine in black.
      sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

That does look good, it makes the pods look of higher quality if that makes sense. Is the spray paint easy to work with, as far as it going on evenly? I guess we'll find out how well it stands up to sitting in the sun.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
          That does look good, it makes the pods look of higher quality if that makes sense. Is the spray paint easy to work with, as far as it going on evenly? I guess we'll find out how well it stands up to sitting in the sun.
          Yes, the paint is really easy to work with. I only did two coats & it really laid very well. I love the way it pops out against the Maroon color. I have only had it for about a week & it has been about 90 degrees everyday so we'll see how well it lasts!
          Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            Looks good. You should do black fabric to the 3rd brake light.
            Yeah, that would look pretty good too!
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
            X