Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bad is my rust (photos included) ?

Here is my rust.

It's bad enough to do it correctly you'll need to work on the inner and outer quarter panels. For a full replacement of both sides expect to pay 900/side in just parts cost, since Honda sells them as pairs. That doesn't include labor.

You may be able to DIY it and hold you over, but that's only a temp. repair.

Comment

OMG!!! How is that not falling apart?!?!

Jus playin... But yeah, you'll have to work on both the inner and outer quarters. And I would say get that door replaced while your at it.
      Originally posted by Junior Smurff
      Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

mines about the same...more on the rear...with more on the trunk lid... but im not giving up hope....all my body work is prolly gonna be about 2500...

Comment

thats not as bad as i've seen so dont think you're in too deep, still gunna require some money and a lot of work.

Check Out My Car

Comment

Originally posted by 501accord
            mines about the same...more on the rear...with more on the trunk lid... but im not giving up hope....all my body work is prolly gonna be about 2500...
            It'll be more than that if you do it the right way.

Comment

true cause if u dont do it right then the rust will still be there and then the paint will crack and start to rust again. be sure u dont have to redo it, do it right the 1st time!

Check Out My Car

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                It's bad enough to do it correctly you'll need to work on the inner and outer quarter panels. For a full replacement of both sides expect to pay 900/side in just parts cost, since Honda sells them as pairs. That doesn't include labor.

You may be able to DIY it and hold you over, but that's only a temp. repair.
                I did get an estimate from a body shop (not maaco) for $800. They will use aftermarket 1/4 panels and weld it into place. I need to do something about the rust.

I forget to mention thats its a 90 Accord.

Comment

How did your car get like that? OMG. Hope i never get that.
                  Just stay strong, hopefully this can be taken care of.
                  Aftermarket 1/4 panels and a door will be required.

140hp Aint Shit on A Heavy Ass Car!

Comment

i dont know if i'd go to maaco, i mean i guess they do alright work but prolly not gunna do the best

Check Out My Car

Comment

That's not too bad, u guys should've seen mine it was baaad. It can be rebuild or u can buy the whole quarter panel i think that method is faster and cheaper.
                      U silly rabbit don't u know tricks are made for kidz, You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This my world, you just a squirrel trying to get a nut!!

Comment

Originally posted by TiTo92E_X
                        How did your car get like that? OMG. Hope i never get that.
                        Just stay strong, hopefully this can be taken care of.
                        Aftermarket 1/4 panels and a door will be required.
                        When the car was bought 6 1/2 years ago, the body was in perfect condition. All the road salt and bad winters most likely caused this. I didn't wax the car a lot which may have made the rust worse. The irony is that the interior is in perfect condition, no cracks or anything.

The car has 181K miles and its an auto, if it can reach 250K or more without a tranny problem, is it a good idea to spend the money? With my driving style, reaching 250K will be about 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by xtr91accord
                          i dont know if i'd go to maaco, i mean i guess they do alright work but prolly not gunna do the best
                          he said NOT macco.

i wouldnt really bother fixing it, you can buy a new accord with that money, now if you had alot of upgrades and mods done to it maybe.
                          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

i;d recommend Sprayglo Auto Painting and Collision if u got them where u are, they did my car and it looks amazing. just got it back

Check Out My Car

Comment

I have a door that you might be interested in. Pm me if you want to talk.
                              "form follows function."
                              Louis Sullivan

Comment

Working...
                              X