Rice Or Not To Rice!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rice Or Not To Rice!!!!!!!!!

ok i still am pondering why everyone hates ricers. is it the flashy look? is it all the money spent on the chrome rims u can't afford? is it the different look apart from every other car? is it all the attention we ricers get from the crowd? is it jelousy? is it envy? do u prefer the JDM fad? just don't see what is soo bad with ricers. what is sooo ugly about it? i must say i like my euro tails and my expensive rims that everyone i mean everyone LOVES. just want some feedback on what u all think. o and just bc i got the rice on the outside, it is def not a all show no go car.
    My members ride thread

the thing i dont like about it is how socalled "ricers" often buy stuff for their cars because its "cool" and the thing to have, even if it doesnt match with their car and makes it look ugly. i admit, ive liked altezzas on DA integras... but on most cars, they just dont go... and about the rims, again its a question of taste... since its huge, its chrome, and its expensive, doesnt mean it looks good on every car. i often see the most hideous looking wheels on the stupidest cars... THATS what i dont like.

i love some show cars, i love some kitted well done cars, i love accordr33's, 91accordexr33's, customlowz, and more. its also their attitude towards it, they arent stuck up saying their car can "BEAT ANYTHING ON THE ROAD YEAH MAN ITS FAST ITS GOT NAWZ" like lots of "ricers" seem like...

this is nothing against you or really any specific "ricers" - just the stereotype that comes with it... and those who fall into the stereotype are the ones i hate.

btw, expect some flaming in this thread with this sort of question. if it gets out of hand, i definately will be locking it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
      the thing i dont like about it is how socalled "ricers" often buy stuff for their cars because its "cool" and the thing to have, even if it doesnt match with their car and makes it look ugly. i admit, ive liked altezzas on DA integras... but on most cars, they just dont go... and about the rims, again its a question of taste... since its huge, its chrome, and its expensive, doesnt mean it looks good on every car. i often see the most hideous looking wheels on the stupidest cars... THATS what i dont like.

i love some show cars, i love some kitted well done cars, i love accordr33's, 91accordexr33's, customlowz, and more. its also their attitude towards it, they arent stuck up saying their car can "BEAT ANYTHING ON THE ROAD YEAH MAN ITS FAST ITS GOT NAWZ" like lots of "ricers" seem like...

this is nothing against you or really any specific "ricers" - just the stereotype that comes with it... and those who fall into the stereotype are the ones i hate.

btw, expect some flaming in this thread with this sort of question. if it gets out of hand, i definately will be locking it.

understandable. just wanted some feedback from u guys. o and i know i cant beat like anything on the road. i just want my car to look nice and preferably be able to beat a neon myabe a eclipse or talon here and there lol and i spent probably 6 months picking out my chrome rims. and from the feedback i have gotten from everyone, it was 6 months well spent. thanks cpmike!
      My members ride thread

Comment

See the problem is...and you can see it just in the way your wrote this post.

is it the flashy look? is it all the money spent on the chrome rims u can't afford?
        Why does there have to be a negative connotation to that. So-called "ricers" seem to like to rub it in the face of everyone how much they spent on the car. I've seen Accords with 2K+ Volks and you don't hear the owners talking about it other than, I have Volks.

is it the different look apart from every other car? is it all the attention we ricers get from the crowd?
        Some people don't want attention. Some people are sick of the attention they got. Two years ago my friend had a lowered Civic with a kit and it turned heads everywhere. 3 months later my friend got sick of it. It's nothing to do with jealousy. Other people crave the attention, but they're the type to really show off and be obnoxious (like Paris Hilton) and they tend to do stupid stuff that gives everyone with an import a bad name.

i like my euro tails and my expensive rims that everyone i mean everyone LOVES.
        I'm glad you enjoy your tail lights and rims. But bragging about how expensive they are won't gain you many friends or respect in the car world. At least with me, the people I respect the most are the ones that are humble about the car. They may have really nice stuff and have pictures about it, but they don't brag either.

So all being said its an attitude, not the car. And your attitude towards it at least in this post is one of the reasons you might get labeled as one. I've had my decals and hood masks and neons and what not, but I never really talked about them, I just put them on for fun. Did I receive a bit of cristicism when I first registered here, sure, but I just took it in stride.

Now personally I think your car is nice. It's got a good stance and its 100% rust free the right way. But does bragging about it to the world to anything for me? No.

That is just my view on this.

Comment

To me, it's all about ADDING UN-NEEDED PARTS & STICKERS. There's a 91 Saturn 4 door running the streets here in Sandston. It is 100% stock, except for the 3' wing on the trunk and a "Powered by: (Saturn in Japaneese lettering)". I can't help but laugh every time the guy drives by. Those two additions to the car dropped the value buy hundreds of dollars and make him look like an idiot anywhere he goes.

If you add stuff to your car to improve it and increase the looks/performance/value/enjoyment, then good for you. But if you add stuff that looks/performs like crap and drops the re-sale value of your car, then shame on you. The only reason anyone should have stickers on their car is to promote items/companies that they truely support or for sponsorship reason. There should be no Japaneese symbols on any cars other than Japaneese cars.

My Accord History:
          91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

i hear ya on the bragging and the uneeded parts and crap. i really don't brag and i know my car isn't anything to admire...yet. and yes u r right it is the attitude not the car soo much. sry my first post sounded cocky. really am not. just the ricer image really doesn't seem like anything bad to me. i think what it should be labeled is cocky newb. bc really it is not the car it isssss the person. the ones riding with parts that don't match and the 5 ft wing and such and brag that their car is the bomb and they would kick everyones arse. only reason why i brough this lovely topic up was that when i posted my car up here/cardmain, first comments were bout the tails and chrome rims. saying it all ricer. to me it is the joy of riding around town or on the road and having people do a double take, u spend countless hours on your car trying to make it your dream car. seeing everything come together into something very respectable is something i can't get enough of. its the feeling I get and yes the added looks from other people also give me smile. at the end of the day...all u have to say is..."I built this" whether it is just doing maintenance, adding a turbo or restoring it back to its factory shine. i wish people looked at that aspect and the person not the car they are bulding bc honestly there are alot of cars that i think are ugly but i know the person put alot of work into it so hey i give them credit. we each have our own tastes and i think we should be respected for that.
            now for those overjeolous people, well let them brag.
            My members ride thread

Comment

i think of a ricer as an attitude, its just that all these people with this type of attitude all seem to have the same bad, imo, taste.

and im sure you're a cool guy, but the way you explain yourself is exactly why i dont like "ricers". maybe some of us, including myself, dont want attention. i go around town all day and very few heads turn, and i like it that way.

if it all goes back to attitude, think of it like this. when you have a kid who goes out of his way to get noticed... always gotta have the newest clothes, the most expensive shoes and so on... why's he doing that. to get attention, probably cause they have a low selfesteem.

same reason why people talk about men who buy very expensive unnecessary cars... to make up for them lacking elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
                ok i still am pondering why everyone hates ricers. is it the flashy look? is it all the money spent on the chrome rims u can't afford? is it the different look apart from every other car? is it all the attention we ricers get from the crowd? is it jelousy? is it envy? do u prefer the JDM fad? just don't see what is soo bad with ricers. what is sooo ugly about it? i must say i like my euro tails and my expensive rims that everyone i mean everyone LOVES. just want some feedback on what u all think. o and just bc i got the rice on the outside, it is def not a all show no go car.
                man i dont have anything against ricers...but i have something against altezza lights

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                  i think of a ricer as an attitude, its just that all these people with this type of attitude all seem to have the same bad, imo, taste.

and im sure you're a cool guy, but the way you explain yourself is exactly why i dont like "ricers". maybe some of us, including myself, dont want attention. i go around town all day and very few heads turn, and i like it that way.

if it all goes back to attitude, think of it like this. when you have a kid who goes out of his way to get noticed... always gotta have the newest clothes, the most expensive shoes and so on... why's he doing that. to get attention, probably cause they have a low selfesteem.

same reason why people talk about men who buy very expensive unnecessary cars... to make up for them lacking elsewhere.
                  so u hate me bc i love building my car and love the feeling of wow i did this. getting some heads turned is just a bonus. i don't by any any means build my car to get noticed. i build it bc it is fun and i enjoy the outcome. i love driving it all over, test out the suspension, rev it up on the high way. i could give two shi*'s about what people think bout my car. and everyone up here hates hondas lol why i have no idea. o well. seems like some of u ricer haters hate the people who take pride in their work! the way i take it..... what is so wrong with liking people admire your work???????? it is like a doctor that goes in and does heartsurgery, he takes pride in putting back together this hurting body. people admire his work and say wow u r a good doctor.....or carpenters who build something and when company comes over they say wow good job......r u telling me that this type of person is bad? that they should not like hearing people tell him he has done a good job. i personally alway compliment guys on their cars if i like them.
                  i build my car for myself....any added attention well i will take it. seems as if u really aren't proud of your car if u don't like people admiring your car. what is the point of body kits or paint jobs or doing anything to your car if even u can't enjoy it???? why are there car shows? seems as if car shows are for ricers, they show there car to get looked at and judged. so basically by everyones opinion so far, each one of us is a ricer! keep the feedback comming guys! thanks just everyone try to keep it clean and no flamming! good to hear differnet aspects of what ricer means
                  My members ride thread

Comment

i am all about that clean look. if someone wants to rice their car out with the lights and kits and chrome thats fine, but tastefully done and not bragged about. i'm not too crazy about riced out domestics either...but i guess to each his own...

Comment

Originally posted by tomace234
                      i am all about that clean look. if someone wants to rice their car out with the lights and kits and chrome thats fine, but tastefully done and not bragged about. i'm not too crazy about riced out domestics either...but i guess to each his own...
                      well said i love the clean look as well. i do have stickers though, aem stickers on the rear 2 windows and a club sticker on the rear window. i think the only other things u could get me on rice is the rims and euro tails. i think lol don't really know what classifies as "rice". check out my car on the site or on cardomain.com (accrdpower).
                      My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by tomace234
                        man ..i hate when i see a mustang with altezzas!!!

Comment

hahaha i am not a big fan of mustangs....with or without aftermarket lights. and o hate the new mustang. looks horrible, talk bout ruining a classic. but that neither here nor there.
                          My members ride thread

Comment

hahaha i am not a big fan of mustangs....with or without aftermarket lights. and o hate the new mustang. looks horrible, talk bout ruining a classic. but that neither here nor there.
                            i like the roush mustangs...i think the new mustang...looks too much like a gas guzzler...i like the year before the new mustangs came out...they are fun to drive..i drove an automatic...stock..i think 200 hp..and i raced a camaro..or transam..from like flagstaff...to phoenix..the mustang has a strong engine tho...and you get a lot of looks from chicks in them..maybe that was my imagination i think too many people have them...but when i see one with altezzas..im like booo.....booo

Comment

so u hate me bc i love building my car and love the feeling of wow i did this. getting some heads turned is just a bonus. i don't by any any means build my car to get noticed. i build it bc it is fun and i enjoy the outcome. i love driving it all over, test out the suspension, rev it up on the high way. i could give two shi*'s about what people think bout my car. and everyone up here hates hondas lol why i have no idea. o well. seems like some of u ricer haters hate the people who take pride in their work! the way i take it..... what is so wrong with liking people admire your work???????? it is like a doctor that goes in and does heartsurgery, he takes pride in putting back together this hurting body. people admire his work and say wow u r a good doctor.....or carpenters who build something and when company comes over they say wow good job......r u telling me that this type of person is bad? that they should not like hearing people tell him he has done a good job. i personally alway compliment guys on their cars if i like them.
                              i build my car for myself....any added attention well i will take it. seems as if u really aren't proud of your car if u don't like people admiring your car. what is the point of body kits or paint jobs or doing anything to your car if even u can't enjoy it???? why are there car shows? seems as if car shows are for ricers, they show there car to get looked at and judged. so basically by everyones opinion so far, each one of us is a ricer! keep the feedback comming guys! thanks just everyone try to keep it clean and no flamming! good to hear differnet aspects of what ricer means
                              well first, i never said i hated anything or anyone. i just dont like the style that has been labeled "rice". and i actually am proud of my car... i like it alot. but i only want attention from those who appreciate a clean style. even my mom would notice a car with an ugly bodykit and a huge wing... but it takes a keen eye to notice subtle details like a nice set of work wheels, or 1pc heads. basically i only care about attention from those who know their shit... not from the majority that stare just cause i got a set of uglyass chrome rims. theyre probably all lookin just cause those kinda wheels look stupid on an accord.

fyi, you must have been a girl in your past life... cause you can twist words with the best of them. i dont like rice, so all of a sudden a doctor shouldnt take pride in saving a mans life?

when a doctor takes care of a patient, they become healthy again. a carpenter build a beautiful home, of course he should be proud. but when someone has built a nice home, pretty much everyone will agree... and im sure it wouldnt include unnecessary chrome accents or blue led porch lights.
                              Last edited by DrLove'sKuDang; 08-23-2005, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X