Hydraulic Hood Stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydraulic Hood Stand?

has anyone ever thought about making a little custom bracket and hooking up the hydrolic thingys from cars that are equipped with them?? i think it would be a decently cheap mod that would go far in the looks department... let me know if this has been done or if i need to go sleep after 24+ hours of being up

I thought about doing this a few times. The problmes I saw was trying to get that piston to sit in the engine bay. My friend tried doing it in his Civic back in the day and we couldn't get it to work. However, I wonder now that we actually know a little more about fabbing if it would work.

Comment

i have wondered if there was one of the tein kits that might fit

1966 Chevy Nova
      1974 Super Beetle
      2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
      2004 Honda Element
      2004 Honda Ruckus
      2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
      www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
        I thought about doing this a few times. The problmes I saw was trying to get that piston to sit in the engine bay. My friend tried doing it in his Civic back in the day and we couldn't get it to work. However, I wonder now that we actually know a little more about fabbing if it would work.
        i was actually looking at the hydralic lifter thingy in my spyder's trunk and i think if you get a bracket and bolt it up to the bracket you would be ok... i would have to mount it really far back towards the firewall so that it could clear the sturt bar. i dont' know anything about hydralic lifts but are there ratings and stuff that we could go by?? cuz i know a lot of cars comes stock with this...

Comment

HA!! i think i may have found something that actually works.. anyone interested in being my guinea pig? i wrecked my cb a while ago

Comment

Originally posted by flacopower
            HA!! i think i may have found something that actually works.. anyone interested in being my guinea pig? i wrecked my cb a while ago

I would totally be your guinea pig flaco.

Send me a private.
            Last edited by 91accordwagon; 11-10-2005, 11:19 PM.

Comment

^^ do you really live in washington though??

Comment

Yep.

Comment

well i kind of need a local cb7 so that i can test fit and get everything just right but if you are still interested i could ship you a final product after we get fitment fixed.. any marylanders want to try this out?

Comment

totally interested I'm gonna try and fab my own using the ones from the hatch on a eclipse.

Comment

cool.. let me know how it goes ^^^^

Comment

Damn...blowing more dust again.... :P

My mom drives an 06 taurus and my bro drives an 02 taurus. Both have hydraulic hoods. I was looking at those setups, and i havent compared side-by-side views, but i noticed that the Taurus's have side bolted lifts so it sit in the bay easier. I was at O'reilys earlier and hydro lifts ranged anywhere from as cheap as 17, 18 $ on up to like $35. I think the only logistics that really need to be calculated are; The length of the arm, position of the arm when hood is closed and the weight-to-arm ratio. I know theyre not chromed out steel, but our hoods are still pretty heavy. Heavier than the Taurus for sure. Like the 1-toucb windows and sunroof, id really like to see where we can go with this

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

ive had a pair of taurus struts sitting on top of my toolbox for years now... i still want to install them someday lol

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I have it on my CB

Street Racers Kill Less Than Bad Drivers.
                            My Car: http://www.honda-klub.dk/moduler/med...ofil.php?id=33

My CB http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...0&page=1&pp=40

www.hondashowoff.com/profile.php?id=4266

Comment

Nice.

Did you have to do any kind of modding, fabbing or cutting into the bay? And i assume you have 2 correct?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                              X