fixing paint chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fixing paint chips

alright so when i bought my 90 accord coupe about a month and a half ago there was some paint coming off the front bumper. it appears that the car originally came with a black bumper but was painted to match the car. wasnt the greatest idea i suppose since the paint doesnt stick great to the plastic..

but ANYWAY.. whats the best way to go about fixing this without spending much money.. i definately dont want to repaint the whole car and the paint is difficult to get off except where its already flaking

btw, car is dark red. i'll try to get pics up soon

The black you see on the bumper is either the probably the mold color of the urethane...the color is flat right? If its not OEM bumper then it could just have a black primer on it...
    Since you dont want to repaint, then you'll just have to get over it. Or you could use touch-up paint, but unless you sand down the original paint then smooth out the touchup it gonna look just as bad as it does with the chips in it. Are the chips just in the front bumper, or the hood, etc. If just the bumper just take it off and have a shop refinished it, you should be able to find a decent place that can do it for around $80.

Jay
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by akkordlayinkit
      If just the bumper just take it off and have a shop refinished it, you should be able to find a decent place that can do it for around $80.

Jay
      A front bumper respray only costs $80?...hmm, maybe I'll get my front bumper resprayed...back in high school some girl with her precious little red cavalier convertible totally took a chunk out of it...maybe even get them to clean up the EX lip i got a junkyard for $5.25 this weekend lol

Comment

It's not going to be real expensive to have just the front repainted. If you take it off, and give it to them and buy the paint.. they aren't going to charge a whole lot. When I had my spoiler painted the color of the car 2 years ago when it was green, I think it was like $90?
        Adam - Retired OG member from '03
        2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
        2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
        2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Working...
        X