removing window.s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing window.s

does anyone know if its possible to remove the side windows? and what i need to take out to get it out.. thanks, david

You can pop the door glass relatively easy. I've done the front two, and I'm sure the back two are the same.

You have to remove the door panel. From that point you can gain access to the whole window mechanism. You have to have the windows almost rolled the whole way down and you should see the bolts that hold the glass in. They're both 10 mm. You should then be able to pull the glass free of the mounts and be able to take it out.

Comment

how long should i wait to put the window back in after tinting?

Comment

Originally posted by Accord_exR
        how long should i wait to put the window back in after tinting?
        You can put it back in really you just cant roll it up and down for 3-4 days OR you can just leave it out for 3-4 days in a somewhat sunny dry area.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

good idea, i might try this to save some cash on tintin....hey Nail, have you heard of any recent laws in TX allowing a lower % tint than 35% in the front?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

i just did my back ones today and put the windows back in... im doin the front ones tomarrow and ill take pics when im done..

Comment

ok im removing my front windows right now and i removed the driver side one and now im trying ot remove the passenger front one and the window wont go up the back two wont go down either.. the only window that will go up or down right now is the drivers one.. plz help me any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Accord_exR
                ok im removing my front windows right now and i removed the driver side one and now im trying ot remove the passenger front one and the window wont go up the back two wont go down either.. the only window that will go up or down right now is the drivers one.. plz help me any ideas?
                You probably didn't put it on the track correctly. Take them back out and make sure you can actually push the window up and down manually before you bolt it in.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                  good idea, i might try this to save some cash on tintin....hey Nail, have you heard of any recent laws in TX allowing a lower % tint than 35% in the front?

Just got mine done a couple of weeks ago and that's still the law. And if I'm not mistaken that goes for all side windows and the only one that isn't controlled by law is the back glass. They said I couldn't even tint my back windows on my coupe.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

ok any good ideas on how to tint my back window? cuz obviously i cant really take it out and its a really concave window so it will be a bitch to do but what about transparent glass paint?? do they sell that at hobby stores cuz i might try it on some glass first and see how it looks?? idk let me know thanks..later

Comment

Working...
                    X