1 inch Drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 inch Drop

Does anybody have a picture of a cb7 lowered 1 inch? If so, can i get a pic from the side? I want to do a drop, but want to know if 1inch would make a big difference... Thanks

Okay, this is not 1".....but an H&R Sport drop, looks the tits though and drives very nice.
    1.5" rear drop, and 1.75" front drop
    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

hmm looks alright. If you had some 17's you really wouldn't have much gap to speak of at all.

I wouldn't do just a 1" drop though cause you really won't notice it much. You'd spend a good bit of time to find it nearly the same as before and kick yourself for not dropping just a bit more.
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

I would look into the Eibach Pro-kit as its going to be very hard to do a 1" drop. The problem ist hat no springs are rated at just that. Also with the sag that exists on the stock springs/struts after the 14-16 years of riding on the car, there's a good chance that your car is already lowered the equivalent of one inch, and that the new springs/sturts could possible cause the car to raise up. I have see that happen before in the past.

Comment

dont go 1 inch if you arent putting on 18's its still got wheel gap i got closer to 2 inch drop and thier was still 2-3 fingers depending on how tight u want to put it in.
          ]

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
            ... looks the tits though ...
            Agreed. A small gap like that looks "right" to me. The slammed cars with zero or less than zero gap aren't my cup 'o tea --- they look too obvious and not right for the street. But that's me.

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
            I wouldn't do just a 1" drop though cause you really won't notice it much. You'd spend a good bit of time to find it nearly the same as before and kick yourself for not dropping just a bit more.
            Agreed. I have Pro-Kits. You can notice in the rear kinda like maroonaccord2.2's but not so much in the front.

And yeah, if I did it again I'd go lower, like maroonaccord2.2's setup.

What's key about the HR Sports (and some others) is that the fronts get dropped more than the rears.
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

i do have 17's.....

Comment

A sport drop would lower it a bit, reduce the wheel well gaps, and improve performance....but the car will still be a ways from the ground. I think a race drop would look awesome.

I would go to the Member's Rides section, then search the forum for different specific springs for our CBs...... That way you'll get some pics of member's rides, and a better idea of what you'll be getting once you install new springs of a particular make.
                1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                X