Heated Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heated Seats

I tried a search, didn't find a whole lot.

Found that the EDM accords came with power and heated seats. Does anyone know of any USDM leather, heated seats that fit into our cars, preferably with nice side bolsters to hold in while turning. I was looking into finding out about Integra seats, and Prelude seats, but I couldn't find much info there either. Just that the Integra Special Edition comes with heated leather seats. Not sure how integra seats would sit in our car, it might be too low. I'm aware that I'm going to have to modify the seat rails, and I'm also aware that I'm going to have to hook up all of the wiring for the heated seats, but I'd realy like to have it. Anyone know?
    --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Well, i know we got heated seats offered for most of our cars, and for my cost..it's only like 180 bucks for that option..I'd like to try and get my hands on those recaro seats out of our ion redline coupes, and install heaters in them..it's not too hard..

-A. Swift
    CB7 member number 137
    Black Doubt Crew member #2
    Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

wasn't heated seats an option on the CD5? I dunno, but i always thought 90-02 seats interchanged? I dunno.

Comment

Your right the EMDs especially the Nordic version of the CB7 (Finland, Sweden and Norway) came with the option of heated mirrors and seats..there was a guy from Norway who joined the site he had pictures of his car and it looked really nice and clean
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I know in Canada they had 5th gen Preludes with heated seats. Not sure if they were power though? Called the SE. Which was basically the SH here in the US. I don't know if BB6 seats would fit in a CB7 though. I know you can put some 4th gen seats in there! And if the US got the BB4 si VTEC with leather, I'm sure Canada got a version of it with heated seats plus the leather. Most likely called an SE. Don't actually know for a fact though.
          Past rides:
          -1989 Honda Accord LX-first love, sold
          -2000 Honda Prelude base-traded for the S

Present rides:
          -1993 Honda Accord wagon LX-still going!
          -2002 Honda S2000-white w/ red int.-No words to describe this little 4 banger!

Comment

heated mirrors and seats have been available for hondas since about 1990, but were not an option here in the states in the beginning (excluding the acura line here for sake of this discussion). i suppose enough people complained, that with the newest generation accord, heated seats are optional, unless you get the ex-v6, on which they are standard.
            however, heated seats and mirrors have been standard in canada for the past 5 to 10 years, which would cover the 5th gen (cd5/cd7) and 6th gen accords...

but that doesn't really answer the question. for our purposes, was the cb7 equipped, either standard or optional, with heated seats?

it's safe to say that heated seats were not standard here in the u.s. if they were standard, it would have been on either the ex or the se, or both, and we know that not all ex's nor all se's have heated seats.

i'm unclear if heated seats were optional here in the u.s. the four tabs near the ebrake can be removed, and i believe i've seen one removed with a seat heat/heat seat (not words, but a picture). i believe this was on a jdm/edm cb7 though... i don't think they were an option here in the u.s. on the cb7, but i could definitely be wrong.

suffice it to say, you could get heated seats (seats with a heater) in your car and wire them up, with a button to put in the center console near the e-brake... as far as wiring them, personally i would ask cpmike or timmy0tool what they thought would be involved.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

sweet... thanks guys.. I guess I'll just keep an eye out at the local yards.. If I find anything, I might be asking again. I'd really like to get leather heated seats. As far as the wiring, I'm not too concerned about it, I'm pretty good at wiring things up, the buttons i'd probably put in the dash under my headunit...

i've seen jdm 4th gen accords that have that heated seats button. Wonder if anyone can get ahold of some of them?
              --JDM F22A--

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Honda Girl
                I know in Canada they had 5th gen Preludes with heated seats. Not sure if they were power though? Called the SE. Which was basically the SH here in the US. I don't know if BB6 seats would fit in a CB7 though. I know you can put some 4th gen seats in there! And if the US got the BB4 si VTEC with leather, I'm sure Canada got a version of it with heated seats plus the leather. Most likely called an SE. Don't actually know for a fact though.
                You could fit the BB seats in a CB7 it just takes some really how to skills and some patience I've never done it myself but there was Shawn Hayden who slapped a set of 92-95 seats in his..as for the heated seats...youd probably have to re-wire the car just to have them function.

*edit*
                Mike (accordwarrior) I had a chiltons book that had the layout of the chassis of the CD5 and CB7 they're both a bit simliar believe it or not..I found it hard to believe at first but the engine bay was basically the same and I know for a fact you could swap 5th gen seats into the 4th gens.

Dwf-
                Good luck coming up with those...the rarer the part the more expensive it gets, and plus finding a complete JDM CB7 with all the bells and whistles is like finding a needle in a haystack.
                Last edited by HenRoc; 02-02-2005, 10:29 PM.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                  Dwf-
                  Good luck coming up with those...the rarer the part the more expensive it gets, and plus finding a complete JDM CB7 with all the bells and whistles is like finding a needle in a haystack.
                  lol.. yea i know. It'd be fun to have, but because they're JDM, they'll cost out the ass... I'll probably end up seeing if I can find some heated, leather teggy seats somewhere. DIY stuff is my thing. I dont mind customizing rails and such.

As far as the wiring, I dont think i'd have to re-wire it, I'd run it dirrectly to the battery most likely, and mount a fuse somewhere, wire it up to the igniton, and to the button, it wouldn't be bad.. I'd treat it like a stereo amp, keep it seperate from the rest of the car...
                  --JDM F22A--

Comment

i used to have a 95 accord ex w/ leather...it had heated seats, power seats, ect...it was burry burry nishe
                    JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

canadas got them along with heated mirrors.....just cheak the owners manual

Comment

I just installed heated seats on my car. The only heated seats you will find around here for our cars were on the 1993 Accord SE coupe and Sedan sold in Canada. Higher end EDM and JDM CB's also had them as a standard feature. Heated seats were not offered in any Honda sold in the US until very recently. If you want to go factory, the SE is pre-wired to the under-hood fuse box. Just look for (SEAT HEATER) printed on the label along with the pre-installed 15 amp fuse. I unfortunately do not have the $60 per switch, $240 per seat panel, and God knows how much for the endless relays that you need, so I just bought aftermarket from www.autowarm.com. I paid about $170 for two and installed them myself. Installation was a long and tedious. Our seats are very well put together. The heaters work okay. I am used to the German cars seat heaters that burn your ass if left on over 30 minutes, but these definately do make a big difference especially on leather and probably even more on cloth. I installed the switch on the side plastic covers and hooked into power from the under-dash fuse box option plug A. You will need to replace the 7.5 AC CLUTCH fuse with a 10 or 15 amp to account for the extra drain on that circuit. They turn on with POS II. I am glad I installed them cause that leater is coooooooooooooooooold in the winter.

Comment

Working...
                        X