GSR seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSR seats

I was wondering if anyone has put GSR seats in their car. I know only one bolt fits, but I was wondering if the rails were interchangable or not. Thanx!
    Two Toned CB7 crew #1

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=seats

previous thread on custom seat brackets

previous thread on what seats fit in a cb7

thread on itr seats

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=seat%2A

Originally posted by uncle_el
    i don't know about fitting seats that weren't designed for your car. while you may be able to get a seat that you desire to fit onto a bracket that will fit your car, you may end up testing the waters if you get into an accident. but i suppose that you are at the mercies of past honda engineers if you get into an accident.

your best bet is to look at the specs of the seat(s) you are inquiring about. you need to find the length and width of the seating surface,and compare it to the length and width of your current stock seat. if the seat is too wide, it won't fit properly in the car, regardless of the brackets on the bottom.

after that, you would need to take a look at how the brackets are positioned on the bottom of the seat..

then, you'll need to find out the length of the brackets on the desired seat. it's best if you can use the brackets that exist in the desired seat, so as not to rip out the brackets and put in your own, as it will decrease the integrity of the seat itself. it makes sense to find a bracket length as close as possible (if not exact) to that of the cb7, so that it will fit in the tracks.

synopsis: dimensions of desired seat compared to the stock seat, bracket positioning, bracket length of desired seat.

you could theoretically, if you didn't care about having a seat that slides forward and backward, bolt the seat directly into the floor. i've only seen it done in a 240sx, and it was a show car at that. the owner of the car was also a bit on the tall side (6'3") so it wasn't too much of an issue. if i remember correctly, you're not too tall, so it may not work for you. but it is a thought.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

thanx for the info man
      Two Toned CB7 crew #1

Comment

i feel another FAQ thread by el

Comment

That would be nice. Although I looked at all of those and none of them mention the GSR seats. Thanx for helpin though
          Two Toned CB7 crew #1

Comment

Honestly, with things like this, just pick up a set and go at it. There haven't been any seat swaps other than Prelude that I know of on the board, so let yourself be the first. Best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by sickoffthe206
              That would be nice. Although I looked at all of those and none of them mention the GSR seats. Thanx for helpin though
              GSR seats though are from an integra which use the same rails as the civics and other integras (ITR) doesnt matter if you want DX civic seats, Del Sol seats or ITR seats all use the same rails and havent yet been succesfully swapped into our beloved CB's.

Comment

Looks like I got a little project on my hands.
                Two Toned CB7 crew #1

Comment

nice kevin

Comment

nope sorry ima be first. lol. ima try this with the reg,non leather first.cus i aint messing up my leathers. ill post piks and let ya noe what happends.
                    I Ain't cocky,I'm confident.And when u say im the best it's a compliment.!

Comment

i dont know where i got this pic, but it was saved in my accord pics folder
                      but those are GSR seats in a 2dr accord!
                      " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

ahh man, now i gotta wash up.!
                        those seats r so f-ing sexxy . i cant wait till i put my shits in. wen we had emm in the hatch i used to take corner at like 40 and shit, with out any body movement at all.its like they know when u gon hit the corner and they snuggle on u.
                        i'm already in the process of blacking out the interior.

Comment

Do you have a coupe or 4 door??
                          Two Toned CB7 crew #1

Comment

Type R Recaro's^ in Bille's car
                            Last edited by uncle_el; 04-05-2005, 11:54 AM.

Comment

sickoffthe206 Do you have a coupe or 4 door??
                              u talking to me ? i gotta sedan.

Comment

Working...
                              X