Door Panel Insert Reupholstery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Panel Insert Reupholstery

So last night I attempted to wrap the door panel inserts with vinyl and it is on there but there are wrinkles. What would be suggested to remove or at least decrease the amount? I was thinking a hair dryer.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

You should have done that when you were applying the vinyl. Sometimes a hair dryer takes too long. A heat gun held at a further distance would usually work better.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Any chance of redeeming the work or would attempting to flatten it be useless? If need be, I do have extra but I would like to try it first.

Comment

Possibly, but since you haven't posted any pictures, described how and where it's wrinkled or informed us how you attached it to the panel it's sort of difficult to help.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I attempted this last year with little success, I also had wrinkles and I stretched the vinyl too much and it pulled back.. I ended up ripping it back off and cleaning up the sticky, gluey mess. A friend of mind is a professional upholster, he is going to do it for me, for a price.

Here`s my rears that i painted with Dupli-Color Fabric paint. Re-did the bottom portion carpet in thick black felt, and had KICKER silk screened on to it.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

there's wrinkle free vinyl under the door fabric.

i peeled off all the fabric and got rid of the green glue. it's a pain. then you can take some vinyl tubing and press it in the crevice. you don't even have to glue it.

later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Thats the stuff I am using to put my vinyl on top. I tried applying heat with a hair dryer and it sort of worked, there is still some nasty wrinkle at the rear bottom corner and bottom middle.

Comment

Working...
              X