Comfortable seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comfortable seats?

Dunno what it is about these CB7 seats, but on long hauls, they kill my lower back. I've looked through the entire seat swap thread and most are going for looks and don't SEEM to care about comfort level. I'm looking for something that looks good and is close to OEM, is comfortable, supportive, but not funky looking (like the Prelude seat upper portions - to me they just look like a badly shaped woman from the front).

I found some gray seats from a 99 Accord 4cyl coupe and just looking for input on the compatibility/comfort in my car. Anyone out there experimented with these specific ones?

Any input appreciated.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Originally posted by 19dabeast85
    Dunno what it is about these CB7 seats, but on long hauls, they kill my lower back. I've looked through the entire seat swap thread and most are going for looks and don't SEEM to care about comfort level. I'm looking for something that looks good and is close to OEM, is comfortable, supportive, but not funky looking (like the Prelude seat upper portions - to me they just look like a badly shaped woman from the front).

I found some gray seats from a 99 Accord 4cyl coupe and just looking for input on the compatibility/comfort in my car. Anyone out there experimented with these specific ones?

Any input appreciated.
    yea i kno whatchu mean my drivers seat is showin some wear the damn springs are startin to hurt my ass/lowerback.. lemme kno what u find on newer accord seats! i am interested.. i changed oil on a very fixed up eg hatch with some aftermarket seats.. they wernt racing seats tho i think they were teggy gsr's or something.. black suede material with red stitch.. i was told about 1g for the pair.. suuuch nice seats.. ill search them and post up if i can find a pic

8 Accords so far:
    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

I might be wrong, but i recall someone on this site doing something "theraputic"[sp?] with their seats. I dunno if all CB7s come with it or just the EX, but ive got that lumbar knob on the side Sometimes it changes things up a bit, but not really.

Im wondering if a seat swap will solve your problems...I imagine youd have to start getting into high-end vehicles for a seat with alot of comfort/support.

IMO, and it may be the truth, these seats/cars were made for ppl(mainly asians..?) in the early 90s. The "average american"(male) was what, 5"8 - 5"10, 180-190lbs..?

Im a big guy and i know these seats arent gonna be comfortable after 15 years, especially with my big ass sitting on em

If they will swap, and they do come out comfy/supportive, keep us posted.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Interested in what they look like, but I want to spend no more than $300 for both fronts.......and I'm anal about them "fitting in" with the rest of the interior.
        My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

While we're on this subject, i was up late one night, like i always am and i saw one of those commercials for that bed with the "memory foam"...and i got to thinking...

What if they made/someone fashioned a seat out of that stuff???

I know as far as comfort goes, it might be da bomb, but im wondering if it would help back support any...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
            I might be wrong, but i recall someone on this site doing something "theraputic"[sp?] with their seats. I dunno if all CB7s come with it or just the EX, but ive got that lumbar knob on the side Sometimes it changes things up a bit, but not really.

Im wondering if a seat swap will solve your problems...I imagine youd have to start getting into high-end vehicles for a seat with alot of comfort/support.

IMO, and it may be the truth, these seats/cars were made for ppl(mainly asians..?) in the early 90s. The "average american"(male) was what, 5"8 - 5"10, 180-190lbs..?

Im a big guy and i know these seats arent gonna be comfortable after 15 years, especially with my big ass sitting on em

If they will swap, and they do come out comfy/supportive, keep us posted.

That's a possible reason for their design...5'-11" @ 180lbs here. I drive about 2 notches from "fully back"

My theory with seats from newer gen accords though is that they WERE definitely designed for the American market, plus late 90's is when comfort became a large concern for designers.
            My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

make some!! ill give ya 5 bucks a pair

here some for a bundle tho!
              memory foam seat cushion

id be out in 5 minutes i already have a hard time staying awake driving in traffic aorund here haha

they support lower back and are comfy as hell i bet
              Last edited by Cb_JoeyG; 02-02-2008, 02:54 AM.

8 Accords so far:

Comment

While we're on this subject, i was up late one night, like i always am and i saw one of those commercials for that bed with the "memory foam"...and i got to thinking...

What if they made/someone fashioned a seat out of that stuff???

I know as far as comfort goes, it might be da bomb, but im wondering if it would help back support any...

I've got a memory foam pillow that works wonders......if my whole seat was made out of that stuff though it'd take about 10 min to settle in and fall asleep, lol.
                My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Good idea, but sounds like we'd see an increase in "drivers asleep at the wheel" stories on the news

I might hit up that site and pick up some foam cushions....

Comment

...on second thought...at $225/ea and 9lbs....i think i'll take my chances elsewhere...

Comment

...on second thought...at $225/ea and 9lbs....i think i'll take my chances elsewhere...
                      hahaha yes i agree

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Yeah, I don't think so..
                        My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

hm??? The seats are comfortable to me. Maybe they were designed for 300 pound people like me?

Comment

I'm a fairly light person (55kgs) and in my old accord I noticed a sore back on trips longer than 3 hours. The rear seat is even worse for it.
                            In my new Accord I put in a racing seat which is much more comfortable.

Another thought to your problem though - Have the original seats fitted with some extra foam for the lower back area, Looks OEM, saves your back, and shouldn't be too expensive
                            Also do you have the seat reclined at all while driving, or is it in the fully upright position? I found that when my OEM seat was in the fully upright position I got a sore back faster than when it was reclined a little

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusty Crayon
                              Maybe they were designed for 300 pound people like me?
                              I feel ya on that

I'm only like 5"10 and i have the seat reclined back just a smidge. I dont like the straight up position and i dont do the gangsta lean either so, i try to find a comfortable position in the middle.

My problem is, backseat legroom. I know ppl arent riding in a lincoln or anything but i like ppl to be comfy plus i dont like knees in my back. Anytime i get someone in the back behind me, who's not a short person(or a girl) i have to scoot my seat forward some.

No big deal, but it just sucks.

As for adding extra foam, that might help. I really dont remember what hurt most from my drive up from AZ. Probably my legs more than anything...

Comment

Working...
                              X