"improper lighting" bull from state trooper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"improper lighting" bull from state trooper

i was stopped at a light last night, and as i pulled away i noticed a cop was behind me. about 200ft down the road he popped his lights on and my first thought was "freakin tag lights!!" and i was right. he gave me a warning for "improper lighting "because my tag lights are greenish.

not blue, not red, you can't even see the actual light bulb, just the greenish glow on the tag. i don't have a problem with cops, but that pisses me off.
    I........love my car. Simple as that.

hmm so your lights shining on your plate are green? thats the way i understood you. Yeah id see them having a problem with that. Oh btw your south carolina plates are so pimp man. myrtle beach style

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I got pulled over for the same shit a few days ago, but mine dont work.

Comment

Cops are super anal about license plate bulbs for some reason. Whether its an alternate color or out or something, its sure to get you pulled over. That's one thing I wouldn't mess wiht, but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
          hmm so your lights shining on your plate are green? thats the way i understood you. Yeah id see them having a problem with that. Oh btw your south carolina plates are so pimp man. myrtle beach style
          you reconize the south cakalak plates? you from around here? and yea, myrtle beach is the best thing in south carolina.

Comment

I have hyper white Polarg M4's in mine...

they have a slight hint of a blueish tint to the light...

I've never had a problem... even the many times I got pulled over for my clear tails in Cali...
            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

SMILING FACES BEAUTIFUL PLACES.....
              YEA UHHH GREEN BULBS ARE ILLEGAL, AND THATS WHY HE PULLED YOU OVER.
              was he like" you know why i pulled you over?........"yea those green bulbs, they're a little ricey, and i'm gonna have to give you a ticket for that"..... Just playin dude. just put in normal bulbs, whats the big deal?
              "Sorry i can't let you in, the back seat is down..."

Comment

yeah i learned the hard way. Now because of it i got a surcharge and my inshurence is soo much more

Comment

Originally posted by FamilyCar
                  just put in normal bulbs, whats the big deal?
                  i have, but a state troper should have better things to do than pull me for green-ish taglights.

Comment

nah he just found a reason to pull you over to see if you have any other illegal goodies onboard or are doing illegal activites. this is how it is here in cali. i know it's a BS citation and i understand your feelings. just don't give them a reason to pull you over and you should be ok.
                    1cor10:31
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

The cops in columbia are anal one of my cousins got pulled for going 68 in a 65. I got pulled in columbia for speeding once. God I miss the south its soooo boring here!

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                      bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Did they ever finsh all that road work?

Dynamic racing

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
                          Did they ever finsh all that road work?
                          hehe, where? seriously, they have so many road projects to do, its not even funny. there's a ton of work downtown, stuff in St. Andrew, Irmo, EVERYWERE YOU GO, THERE'S TRAFFIC CONES!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

God! They been doing that for what 4 years?

Dynamic racing

Comment

yea, cops are antzy about everything and anyhting...i got pulled for having blue led washer things, which i know are ricey, but thought they looked cool at the time...cop slapped me a 135 ticket for em'....lucky im going to court for it...i've learned not to mess with colored exterior lighting...i would just change em' back, cause if that cops ever sees you again, hes gonna slap you with a fat ticket...
                              Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Working...
                              X