9005 conv. made easy picts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9005 conv. made easy picts.

i was board playing around,and i figured it out on how to do it w/out doing any thing but changing the insert in the plug..so simple to do, compaired to the rocket sciene thinking that was going on.

unplug it, and look at the end.. theres a outter ring and, then theres the center part that has 1 groove in it for 9006 (white plug) and the 9005 has 2 (blue plug).the prob. spot..

the center piece will come out with a pair of needle nose pliers, just wiggle & pull..just a plastic shield that clips on to lock the wires in. now all you have to do is get the one for the 9005 (blue) and clip it in, now you have both grooves for the 9005.

when your done the outter part will be white and, the center will be blue.

then the only cutting you would have is trimming the left half of the top mounting tap on the light.

havent heard of this before, poss. starting somthing new????

ive dug up some sets of 9005 inserts , pieces needed, if any ones interestested.
    $12 set shipped

91 ex 1badwag
    91 lx wag (aka the beater)
    92 ex 4-door
    HONDA...its not just a way of life...its an ADDICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

very excellent find and initiative! this should help out a lot of people who are not really good with trimming the bulb. i personally found out that it is not necessary to trim the bulb tabs. they will go in with just a bit more elbow grease. results may vary.

good job !
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

I'm kinda confused. Stock, our cars have the 9004 bulbs? I thought that 9006 was the conversion to a brighter bulb. Or am I getting mixed up...?
      Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
      D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
      ┴─┴
      ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

the less you handle the bulb the better. plus i think a dremel puts alot of vibration on the filament in the bulb, inturn causes it to blow out sooner. the first one i did w/ dremel only lasted a couple months then i tryed a soldering iron to melt them out, and they lasted.
        for the second that it takes to trim it, its worth it. i used a pair of wire cutters to snip 1/2 the tab off.
        it can be done, but i had a bulb that didnt sit flat in the holder until i trimed it, and was tough to lock in w/ the holder..

eventuly i ended up soldeing an extra 9005 plug on the low beam so i could use eather bulb.. iv put some time into figuring out the easyest way, thats forsure..

and after all that i found that the insert could be changed over so easily.

when i figured it out, i was like it cant be that easy.

------------------
        Masamune
        your mixed up..
        low beam = 9006
        high beam = 9005
        Last edited by 1badwag; 08-04-2005, 05:07 AM.

91 ex 1badwag
        91 lx wag (aka the beater)
        92 ex 4-door
        HONDA...its not just a way of life...its an ADDICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune
          I'm kinda confused. Stock, our cars have the 9004 bulbs? I thought that 9006 was the conversion to a brighter bulb. Or am I getting mixed up...?
          We have 9006 for low and 9005 for high. The 9005 bulbs are brighter (65 watt) vs. the 9006 (55 watt).

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
            We have 9006 for low and 9005 for high. The 9005 bulbs are brighter (65 watt) vs. the 9006 (55 watt).
            I knew I was messed up somewhere. thanks guys!!!
            Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
            D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
            ┴─┴
            ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

I love my dual 9005 headlights So bright, so sexy. I think it would be easier to mod the bulb, but to each his own Nice find!

Comment

yeah i just did this in my lude (but i havnt done the plug thing, ill try this next time. ive done this many times and always end up slicing my fingers in some way.

Comment

Anyone have pics against a wall of this conversion? Stock lighting sux and I cant justify HID's. But extra light is always good.

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
                    Anyone have pics against a wall of this conversion? Stock lighting sux and I cant justify HID's. But extra light is always good.
                    I want pics too!
                    My Ride!
                    Anti-Idiot Crew #1

Comment

the only thing that make one brighter then the other is the black stuff on the bulb, straight from eurodezine, sorry if i spelt it wrong
                      fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

yeah i just did the conversion with stock bulbs. u can definitely see a difference. i have sylvan silver stars on highs and lows and the stock bulbs don't really look much different than the silver star lows. i put it next to another cb7 and the stock bulbs show easily 50% better and the black house headlights give them the super white look. I'm actually impressed and its a simple, harmless, and overall safety conversion.
                        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

i going to do this this weekend but not sure how to the pic would help

4 door ex-l

Comment

pics dont work
                            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

maybe cause it's over 2yrs old...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                              My Ride thread
                              Flickr
                              Originally posted by d112crzy
                              And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                              All I gotta really say is:
                              People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Working...
                              X