ricey rice rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ricey rice rice

ive had these installed for a while, just didnt have an engine to show off... i put them in because someone gave them to my dad, and i couldnt think of anything else to use them for. they are good for lighting the engine bay at night tho... bled my clutch system to blue lighting... well heres my contribution to the rice world:

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

heh thats looks pretty cool but ? for you Wont they melt because of the heat of your engine? I think there plastic.. Maybe they wont.

Comment

asked the smae shit.. maple.. lmao.. nope.. they wont.. have some special second layer.. heat resistant.. he had em in the cb7 2 meet.. just didnt have shit to show off..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

That is a tad bit ricey, but I do like how its lightin up the engine bay, since we dont have a light under the hood. Glowin H22

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

I think that looks really good with the new engine, you just gave me an idea, even if some might call it rice. I dont care, it'll give me something to do with my old unders layin around.

Jay
          Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

i think its a good idea. sometimes u need a light under the hood.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

That's really cool actually, I don't mind tasteful neons...and I think that's tastefull...I mean I still have neons under the dash lol...and especially since you've got a white car, it flows well...

Comment

its cool that people like my idea

i also have four 6" neons for under my seats (not installed yet), so it was one of the only places to put an extra set of neons... before i got the 4 for my seats, i had just a single 6 incher... had it in my trunk at first, moved to my passenger footwell (inspired getting the other 3)... now i got some under my hood too. its gonna be a neon and LED fest in my car!

Current cars:

Comment

i like to refrain from using the word rice, and would definitely not use it here...
                  you have a mod that is show and functional, whereas beloved "rice"is show, distracting, and not the least bit functional...

i'd like to think that we've all been there: for some reason checking out the engine bay at night (waiting for the engine to cool down after work to theck the oil, replacing a dead battery at night, checking a fuse...) and attempting to use a small flash light to see.

i think the mod is great, you can use it at shows/meets, but it will also serve you when you need to see when it's dark/nighttime.
                  :thumbup:

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                    asked the smae shit.. maple.. lmao.. nope.. they wont.. have some special second layer.. heat resistant.. he had em in the cb7 2 meet.. just didnt have shit to show off..
                    Do all neons have that heat resistant layer?

Comment

ok if the lights are on all the time then i'm gonna have to call it rice, if your showing off the engine with the lights...gonna have to call rice. Otherwise it's something i kinda need cause i have to work on the car at night too and run a long ass extension to the spot light then to the car. If mostly using it for function then yea i like it.
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                        Otherwise it's something i kinda need cause i have to work on the car at night too and run a long ass extension to the spot light then to the car. If mostly using it for function then yea i like it.
                        thats really why i first installed them, to have light under the hood, because we were deprived of that. the lights are NOT always on, theres a switch for me to turn them on when i need them (and when you close the hood, it clicks the switch off for you). but yes, it IS still a set of blue neons lighting up my engine, its not just a white bulb... but whatever.

blk EX... they arent technically neons, they are "cold cathode" lights (they dont get warm at all when they are on)... theres a second rigid plastic tube surrounding the bulb, so it makes them hard to break... that second layer + the air in between keeps them fine i guess, because ive had them under my hood for a while, and i havent noticed any melting at all yet...

Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                        X