Fog Lights!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fog Lights!

So, I was in a turn lane, about to hit the Interstate.

So, this 90-91 Accord Coupe turns around the corner, and I notice that it has stock fog lights on it. This thing was beat up. The whole entire passenger side had no windows. They were busted out. Just really ragged out.

I looked real hard as it passed by me, and I was like "OMG! FOGS!". Haha.

So, I turned around, and met up with the person.

I asked her about them. Offered to buy them from her. I gave her my number.

She told me that she's in the process of selling the car, and that she would call me, and I can take the fog lights off her car before she sells it. She didn't say a price.

I told her to PLEASE give me a call, and she told me she would.

So, what all would I need to pull off to put these on my car. They are the 90 91 Fogs, and I have a 91 Accord.

Just let me know of everything I need to pull off when the time comes.

:::Jeremy

[ My Car Domian ] - [ My Members Ride Thread ] - [ Facebook ]

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
    aww_shiet
    91accordexr33

12mm socket wrench to take the inner bumper support rail nuts off

Phillips screw driver to take the 4 screws off located on the inner fender on the passenger and drivers side bumper.

I forgot what size but there are bolts on the inside of the bumper that secure the bumper support to the chassis as well near the horns.
    I need a custom turbo manifold built....
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

same thing happened to me last week. there was a maroon 92/93 accord that was coming in the opposite direction and when it got closer i thought there was something under the bumper lights, then i saw they were fogs and i went crazy. i'm looking for that car now to see if the owner will sell them.

Comment

Be sure you grab all the wiring harnesses. There will be 3 parts: A-B-C

1 is connected to both fog lights, the second is connected from the fogs and connects to the under hood fuse box. It also has a wire that goes through the hole in the firewall. The last one goes under the dash and to the driver's side fusebox. Grab both relays and fuse. This harness is also what connects to the switch which I'm sure you will grab.

Hopefully she'll let you take all the wiring!

Good luck!
        "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

i saw a beat up raggedy cb7 in a parking lot and it had a pristine flushmount on it... i tried waiting for the owned but he never showed up.. so i snatched it,

j/k i wish
          You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

So, that lady called me back.

Said she'd sell them for me. I believe she said no more than a $100.

So, it's time. Time for me to take them off.

Is it hard to get them out, and all the wiring?

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
            aww_shiet
            91accordexr33

Comment

sounds good, but does she know that she will have to big openings in her bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by tunerman
                sounds good, but does she know that she will have to big openings in her bumper.
                No, she doesn't. But, I don't think she's too worried about it. I mean, she has a big opening on the whole passenger side of her car, where the windows use to be.

Heh.

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
                aww_shiet
                91accordexr33

Comment

i might talk to the lady with the fogs on her 92 cb but i'm pretty sure she wouldn't sell them unless i would put a another bumper because the car is in real good condition and i doubt she wants two openings in her bumper.

Comment

So, I talked the lady down to $50 bucks for the complete set.

-Fogs
                    -Brackets
                    -Wiring
                    -Switch

...pretty much everything.

Although I do have a question.

Would I be able to wire the fogs using my own wiring? If so, what all would I need to do?

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
                    aww_shiet
                    91accordexr33

Comment

There's also a relay and fuse bolted under the dash on the driver side.

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
                        There's also a relay and fuse bolted under the dash on the driver side.
                        Gah...

I just need to know everything I NEED to get the fogs to work on my car.

The lady is gonna be ready to have me take them off her car by this weekend.

A detailed list of where everything is at, would help...

Thanks..

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
                        aww_shiet
                        91accordexr33

Comment

IIRC there are a few connections you'll need to be aware of. One part of the harness is plugged into the main fuse box under the hood. It is connected inline with the vehicle's wiring harness. In the interior fuse panel there are two plug connections into the front of the panel. There is also the aforementioned fuse and relay (possibly 2) located under the driver's dash as well. There's the switch (duh). The harness goes into the engine bay from the interior through a hole in the passenger footwell near the floor. And, there's the other part of the harness that goes from the main fuse box to the actual fog lights.

Heh. Its sad the I remember all this since its been about 4 years since I installed my fogs (and more than a year since I sold my CB).

Comment

Hmmm...

And how about a list of all the things I need?

Sorry, I hate being complicated, but I just want to make sure I get EVERYTHING.

Also, is it hard getting all this stuff?

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
                            aww_shiet
                            91accordexr33

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=fog%2A

Just do the reverse. Everything you need to know is right there.

Comment

Working...
                              X