Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sound proofing, new headunit, wiring amps, glassing custom trunk ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
    you are doing the deadening roof as well, right? that is a single-layer piece of metal that can move a LOT!

it looks good man, i cant believe how alike our plans are! i am getting a gallon of the roll-on and 60-100 square feet of v1!

as for the amps, if you put them in the floor like that, you will need some pretty heavy-duty airflow from some fans or you will burn your amps up.
    that's a lot... I'm trying to find a happy medium without weighing the car down too much. I'd get the v1se2 that is thicker, it won't be quite as thick as two layers but still better and probably the smartest pricewise. Unless you are going full perfect audio only you are gonna have a brick for a car!

and yes the roof, but as I've said I'm going to try to figure out this sunroof thing first. May pick up 10ft or so of matting since it's gonna flex. Also the roll on is abviously asphalt based, and I'd worry about it melting off. So the roof, rear deck lid, anything that'd let it drip 'down' is going to get matted.

Amps aren't on the floor now. The sub amp NEVER got warm even, the 4ch got a bit hot even when it was cold out but not too much so. I've had other amps that got much hotter so I know it's been safe. Now with a higher voltage imput I think it will drop a bit more...
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

put in a black dash, lose all the maroon interior for blue or black stuff. your car looks nice on the outside but the inside needs a bit of work. I'm not tryin to sound mean or anything I'm just bein honest.

And for the trunk, try wrapping your peices with suede or black carpet. also match the rest of the trunk with it and you'll be pimpin.

Member Ride Facebook
      XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
      SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
      For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
        put in a black dash, lose all the maroon interior for blue or black stuff. your car looks nice on the outside but the inside needs a bit of work. I'm not tryin to sound mean or anything I'm just bein honest.

And for the trunk, try wrapping your peices with suede or black carpet. also match the rest of the trunk with it and you'll be pimpin.
        reading pwns you! lol um yeah I made a separate thread for the interior stuff. I have the fabric, the black dash, the whole trunk is getting redone, and I didn't mention the trunk lid but it's going to get covered. But see I have a flip flop trunk, so you don't see it when I'm actually showing it off.

I am finally getting rid of the last bit of maroon!!!!! black carpet is on the way thanks to jarhead.

interior thread is here

Comment

so how did u do the black dash what kinda dye or paint did u use? im pulling a dash out this week to be pained and im open for all kinda of tips. i will be getting carpet from TAS i believe but im black my interior also lol....
          Members Ride sold...
          I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18
            so how did u do the black dash what kinda dye or paint did u use? im pulling a dash out this week to be pained and im open for all kinda of tips. i will be getting carpet from TAS i believe but im black my interior also lol....
            it's not a painted dash it's a black dash. Tan interior comes with black dash as do a few other combinations other than the burgundy one I believe... I don't recommend trying to paint a whole dash really, especially if you are pulling one! Try to find one that is already black if that's what you want.. for any interior stuff you use 'fabric dye' spray cans, like paint but for fabric, less likely to come off. It can, but you can sand the surface first then spray to help longevity. DONT do seats with it lol... mine WERE all done.

I will be wrapping the black one when I customize it though so it doesn't matter. Black carpet is on the way I just got one from Jarhead

Comment

Sorry it's been a minute since I've updated..

Got a 15" TOUCH flat panel and yes teh pc is going back in!!

Also put on a different antenna, it's a 'roof mount' but fits in the stock hole, don't feel like shaving anything until I'm closer to getting all the body work done. Saves a few lbs and looks about like the s2k antenna mod, but this one was 16$!!!!

4" speakers will also be mounted in the dash instead of pods, I dont want to do a ton of work to the trim and have it break when I'm installing it and have to start over. They are pretty thin and crack easily (old ones broke removing them.)

Comment

Looks like fun

Can't wait to see how it turns out, you going all show style?

And by pc do you mean like a real pc?
                Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
                MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

Yeah I actually had a mini multimedia pc running but I took it out early last year. 1 it took 2 mins to turn on and get my music up, when I work 15 mins away. 2 it will work for cds and radio while off, but was so quiet I couldnt really use it like that while driving. 3 It stuck out and the shifter was hitting the face.

But with the dash out I've figured ways to get more room and put it in there better. Plus I have a radio I'll be using for music anyways. Datalogging when I do tune will be sweet now..

I'm debating whether or not I should use this tv tuner device I have, I'd be able to hook up the xbox or any other tv source as well and leave the pc off.

Comment

will u mount the screen to be adjustable side to side and up and down in the dash?

The dash is gona look kewl man! awsome work your doing!
                    hey if you don't wana fiberglass the dash, and worry about cracking, they make flexable epoxies that sand and feather out the same way but allow the dash to expand and contract making reinstall much easier and could give a factory look, with the right paint,
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

Ah play css online lmao
                      Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
                      MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

It's going to be mounted in one fixed position. Not that worried about it, I won't be using it while driving, plus I have a remote for the multimedia suite software (it's like a windows media center pc, but I think better). And I still plan on wrapping this, the foam layer is too flexible for comfort to consider painting and a pain to try to evenly strip. I may strip it anyways, but I think wrapping it will be best b/c it gets hot here, and I know it's not gonna stay looking great. I don't want to redo this every year. The fabric will be in peices not one big peice lol..

Lol actually its got built in wireless! And I haven't been using my CS lately, just might do that! and also I forgot to mention, but yes, I hope for this to be show.

Comment

how much did the rollon sound deadiner cost?
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
                            how much did the rollon sound deadiner cost?
                            I got it on sale for 35$ a can, normally you get it around 40-45$ ish if you use the edead discount (not sure if they still have it) just NOTICE that the roll on stuff is asphalt based, and if it gets hot in the summer you dont want this anywhere other than your trunk >.<... I will be using the actual matting again and rolling that over this coating on the floor/rear door of the car to combat the extra heat it makes... I do totally love the affect, and the front doors (matt not paint on!) will finish this and make it very, very quiet inside for an older accord ^_^...

Comment

Working...
                            X