X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dull rumble from my sub

okay, i FINALLY got my subs put in my truck

yeah, tiny truck box..sucks..

anyway, when the cd starts to turn and run, i can hear it in the sub. also, when the laser moves across the cd, i can hear that in the sub as well. it's a dull rumble that constantly comes from the sub whenever the cdplayer is on. also, when i turn the truck on, it keeps that dull rumble, but it will get louder/softer with my motors rpms, kind of sounds like i've got an exhaust on my truck when you're sitting inside of it...

i bought some amp wiring kit from wal-mart, not the best...but it's what was close.

my amp is grounded to the cab of the truck, i sanded away some of the paint and grounded it with my seatbelt bolts...
    my power wire is ran on the drivers side of the truck
    RCA's and remote wire are ran along the passengers side of the truck.
    the amp is sitting under my seat.

i just got it all put in the day before i went to disney, 4 days ago, and i just got home tonight. i was just trying to get some open opinions before i went out there tomorrow morning to fix the rumble.

mine did that

after i got a Schoche Amp Kit with super thick Wires from Battery and a better ground

it stopped doing it

also make sure you got GOOD rca cables

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Only thing i can think of is to check the connx for the other speakers.

Sometimes my drivers side speaker will become loose and the sub will just softly rumble.

Comment

You're getting electronic feedback, because the power line is too close to the signal lines.

It MIGHT be poor grounding, but it's probably poor shielding.

Comment

but i ran the power on the opposite side of the truck from the signal lines

any tips to fix this poor shielding?

Comment

I'd bet it's the rca's. Some older, or cheaper rca cables aren't shielded as well, and you'll get a dull, audible hum... quite annoying. OR, the rca inputs on the amp might need to be resoldered.

Comment

yo said you had it done??? if you paid for an installation then bring that back and have them fix it...

Comment

its a poor ground and depending on your gauge size ull have alot of interferance. 4g or bigger usually creates interference in all the cb's ive seen locally. personally i love my lil 16g
                frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                  its a poor ground and depending on your gauge size ull have alot of interferance. 4g or bigger usually creates interference in all the cb's ive seen locally. personally i love my lil 16g
                  Yep, unfortunately you need bigger than a 16g for a high power amp though...

Comment

no, i installed it myself.

i'm using an 8g power/ground

i think i'll try some new, higher quality rca's

Comment

Working...
                    X