No announcement yet.

Radar detector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None. If you want to save money from tickets, get a Valentine One. Top of the line stuff.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
      None. If you want to save money from tickets, get a Valentine One. Top of the line stuff.
      X2

Im running a Valentine 1 and an Beltronics STi Driver along with a m45 Blinders and I have no problems at all

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy Accord View Post
        X2

Im running a Valentine 1 and an Beltronics STi Driver along with a m45 Blinders and I have no problems at all
        those blinders only work if they are aiming at the jammers themselves.
        in all the "proof" vids they make sure to point at the grill or wherever they are installed...still..can buy you some time.

Course I'd turn them off once you spot the cop or else they will know you have jammers

also you have TWO radar/laser detectors?
        ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
          those blinders only work if they are aiming at the jammers themselves.
          in all the "proof" vids they make sure to point at the grill or wherever they are installed...still..can buy you some time.

Course I'd turn them off once you spot the cop or else they will know you have jammers

also you have TWO radar/laser detectors?
          The blinders as you said are directional but do help , and yes I have 2 Detectors, I use them for diffrent areas and rarly they are on at the same time
          Last edited by Legacy Accord; 08-30-2008, 05:22 PM.

Comment

I got my hands on a top of the line cobra....

Every band, Gps with speedo and long. lat., red light cam detector, wireless remote, unit can be hidden ANYWHERE within wires reach of power, serious stuff. got while i was working at Circuit city for cheap and i havent gotten pulled over yet.... and that's saying something....

But i have heard good things about valentine....

and remember you get what you pay for...

Comment

Cobras are crap...

V1 is great if they are legal where u live.
              I use Bel STI because they are not detectable and illegal here.

Laser jammers do work! Turn em off when you are at the posted speed limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy Accord View Post
                The blinders as you said are directional but do help , and yes I have 2 Detectors, I use them for diffrent areas and rarly they are on at the same time
                yeah...blinders vs no blinders...I'd go with blinders... and yes...definitely turn 'em off so they MIGHT not catch on...good advice

So...you have...nearly $1500+ worth in anti-radar/laser/ticket electronics? I priced different sites and each of those go for $600, more or less
                ____

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                  I agree....... I have a bell, however I dont use it much ,i have found my cobra 29(peaked+tunned) cb radio works pretty good for me

the one thing you have to be careful of is your insurance company , companys like (geico) will drop you if your caught with a speed detection device in your car ( so if the cop notes that you have or is suppected of haveing a radar ) you will lose your insurance
                  WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

A cb radio is a good defence if you are on a route heavily traveled by truckers.

I have never known of a person losing there insurance because of a RD. I have only heard uncles sisters friend had there insurnace dropped.

RD are legal pretty much everywhere in the states except VA and maybe Washington I think. The exception is in comercial trucks where they are prohibited in all states.

Most cops dont think they even work.

Comment

Originally posted by ATS666 View Post
                      A cb radio is a good defence if you are on a route heavily traveled by truckers.

I have never known of a person losing there insurance because of a RD. I have only heard uncles sisters friend had there insurnace dropped.

RD are legal pretty much everywhere in the states except VA and maybe Washington I think. The exception is in comercial trucks where they are prohibited in all states.

Most cops dont think they even work.
                      I would agree with you that they are a good defence... I have been to all 48 states (in a truck and a car also ) I have found there many people that use a cb in there cars/trucks on state routes ,city streets ( you would be suprised) . As far the your insurance dropping you need to read your policy I will bet it says something about the use of radar detection epuipment
                      and I can vouch for geico personally, (I will have to check my all state policys) ... just because it's legal for sale does not mean it's legal for use , or will will have any issues if your caught with one

and yes they are illegal for truck drivers to carry radar detectors that is a fedral d.o.t rule
                      it's is also illegal for us to carry firearms/ weapons
                      Last edited by sunburn; 09-13-2008, 10:27 PM.

Comment

$600 for a radar?
                        ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                          $600 for a radar?
                          LOL..... you gotta pay to play I guess ...

Comment

my cobra has saved my ass so many times... i prolly would have lost my license 4 times. it also good to use your eyes... its a great tool when used properly with even the cheapest of radar detectors.... o and not to mention common sense.

Comment

I use the shield tech. on 79 going to austin from longview or on 31 going to waco...let a car get a block or two ahead...only works if they are going fast though
                              ____

Comment

Working...
                              X