Bose stereo Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bose stereo Upgrade

Is it possible to add a 6-disc player to my existing Bose system. My current Bose does not have any CD capability, just the cassette tape and stereo. I would like to add a CD player and keep the original system (with speakers and amp.). I have a '93 accord SE with Bose. I am sure that honda made a CD player for the 1993 model year, but I cannot find any information on the internet. Any help greatly appreciated.

Scott

i think u can plug in an alpine cd changer but i'm not sure. It works on my Legend and it has a bose system so u can try it. First check in ur trunk to see if u have the cable in there somewhere. oh when u plug the cd changer in ithe radio will recognize it automatically.

Comment

Shouldn't be an issue if its just simple plug and play.

Yeah it is hard to even find any info on the options that were available for the 4th Generation model year. I had no idea the 92-93 Accords had a BOSE stereo system until I came across this site.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

i think you will need a DIN adapter, but as for anything nothing..

but id rather get a new deck cause a changer costs around 300 and a deck like 150.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
          i think you will need a DIN adapter, but as for anything nothing..

but id rather get a new deck cause a changer costs around 300 and a deck like 150.
          While that may be true, you also have to take into consideration the speakers. Bose speakers are custom matched to their head unit and are amplified independent of the head unit. When you change out the head unit, you risk blowing all the speakers. My cousin did it to his Maxima with the Bose system

Comment

true, but you can just bypass the amp...i forgot how though...

but money wise i think its worth it, and sound quality =)
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

The only way to truly replace a bose system is to rewire it, seriously.

Comment

Man i got the BOSE system too....and when i hooked up my new deck, you hear a constant hummming sound that gets louder the faster you go.....If i could just get rid of that annoying sound.....Is rewireing it the only way to solve the problem...and about how much would it be?? Thanks

Comment

The bose system are awesome......Man they sound great with a different Headunit. I hooked up a jvc head unit to my old 94 maxima with the bose and it sounded great. I didnt have the problems that I thought I would have. The car is sold but its still in the family and the system is still working great.

Comment

It was my understanding that the 93 SE came w/ a 6 cd changer. Mine did, and I just picked up a new magazine for it today. Problem is, all I get is the E-05 or E-0S message. WTF does that mean and why wont any cd's work? I place the cartridge in there and nothing happens. Somebody help me...

I've tried regular CD's and burned Cd's. Help me please...
                    Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                    D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                    ┴─┴
                    ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                      While that may be true, you also have to take into consideration the speakers. Bose speakers are custom matched to their head unit and are amplified independent of the head unit. When you change out the head unit, you risk blowing all the speakers. My cousin did it to his Maxima with the Bose system
                      yeah my friend blew his speakers in his max with the bose system. bose = blose. lol.

and yeah about the bypassing the amplifier, you dont have to re-wire your whole car, but it is an option. I'll see if i can put it into words. you disconnect the plug of a bunch of wires going into the amp. you then pull out the head unit and look at the color of the wires coming into the head unit for the speakers. you then find those wires by the amp and seperate them from. these remaining wires are the ones that actually go to the speakers. what yu do is take a 9v battery and put one wire on positive, and keep switching through wires and putting it on the negative part of the battery. eventually, you will hear a small pop or something of the speaker. this means those wires are positive and negative. then hook up these wires directly to the wires going back to the head unit and hook them up to your aftermarket head unit in the correct spot. repeat for all speakers.

i dunno if yu follow me or not lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X