OEM Foglight Switch Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cpmike
    1badwag's layout is the same as mine, he just used different sources for +'s and -'s... but its still the same pinouts and will work either way...
    Originally posted by 1badwag
    D- controls dimming illumin. to red/black wire
    ( can tap off neighboring switch-def. or hzd)
    you have d listed as a ground, where as he has it listed as a power. Something obviously isn't right with the way i have it connected. I'm gona try hooking up D to the defrost instead of ground, where it is now..
    --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Why is this thread here?

... and not in the Lighting forum?
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

^because you're not a moderator, and it has to do with electrical wiring diagrams. That was a completely pointless post.

okay guys, I got my drl setup to work fine, now, I'm attempting to modify my system to encorporate my foglight switch. Only thing is, I think it's broken or something. i dunno what's wrong with it.

for a while my foglight switch wasn't working at all, then i took it apart, and now it works, sorta. The remote line that comes out of the foglight is only giving power when it's pushed in completely. When it's sitting in it's 1/2 way point, where it should still be giving out postive power, nothing comes out! Then I press it again to disengage the switch, power starts to flow when it's completely pressed in.

I'm going to take it apart again and see what I can find, but if this is the way the switch is supposed to work someone let me know and I'll figure out a way to deal with it.
        --JDM F22A--

Comment

screw it, i figured it out. I took the switch apart and it looked like some of the copper things were bent, not allowing it to connect correctly. Bent them back, and it works now. My drl's are now controlled by my foglight switch, and still shutoff with low beams.
          --JDM F22A--

Comment

ok im instaling jdm fogs tomorrow...i have the lights and the oem switch...from what mike says the switch should only power the relay...how do i get the relay or do i already have it?

Comment

Originally posted by blkhonda1991
              ok im instaling jdm fogs tomorrow...i have the lights and the oem switch...from what mike says the switch should only power the relay...how do i get the relay or do i already have it?
              You don't have the relay. You need to go out and get a aftermarket fog light wiring kit. It should come with the relay. I'm installing my fogs soon also and I'm just gonna get the relay and use wiring to do it myself.

Comment

I got the Hella harness and used it with my switch. I ended up splicing the A, B, and D wires off the Rear Defogger switch, and C came off the power jumped off the headlights (or any 12 vold source) and the E was the only wire that actually went to the fog relay.

Comment

Originally posted by xScott
                  I got the Hella harness and used it with my switch. I ended up splicing the A, B, and D wires off the Rear Defogger switch, and C came off the power jumped off the headlights (or any 12 vold source) and the E was the only wire that actually went to the fog relay.
                  How did u jump it off the headlight? Did you just remove the headlight fuse and shove the wire in then pushed the fuse back in on top of that?

Comment

Wouldn't it be a whole lot neater as far as wiring is concerned to get the 12V power source from the cigarette lighter? Where have you mounted your relays? Do you just put them inside the fender?
                    Last edited by Jarrett; 02-22-2006, 01:45 PM.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by xScott
                      hey scott do you know which wires which on the defrost? i'm trying to splice into them to power my fog switch but dk which wire to tap into.
                      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
                        How did u jump it off the headlight? Did you just remove the headlight fuse and shove the wire in then pushed the fuse back in on top of that?

That's asking for a electrical problem by doing it improper.

Get a t-tap so you can tap directly into the actual wire for the headlights. Much safer.

Comment

Originally posted by dwf137
                          screw it, i figured it out. I took the switch apart and it looked like some of the copper things were bent, not allowing it to connect correctly. Bent them back, and it works now. My drl's are now controlled by my foglight switch, and still shutoff with low beams.
                          can you a make a diagram on how you did this. i got the drl system installed but nothing happened. i just ordered the jdm fog light switch. basically i want to have the lights the way you have them.

Comment

This diagram is different from my switch. Can someone tell me which is which?

[img]http://****.com/pics/hooking-up-fogs.jpg[/img]

Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                            Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                            JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                              woohoo!!

pins A and D are + and - for lighting up the little foglight icon on the button face.

C gets +12V, and then B is a ground (so power flows from C, thru the indicator, out to B, making the indicator light up once the button is pressed). E is the 12v "output" to whatever item you want to be "turned on"... in all cases it should be a RELAY. relay clicking on will turn on power to wahtever you want.

the stock switch is not made to handle any high current that fogs/anything else would require, 30A relays can. the stock switch should only be used to power a relay. cant stress that enough, it could burn out your switch if you dont. and fried wiring is something you definately dont want inside of a car, its hard to diagnose and it can lead to fires and other random wiring problems.

[img]http://****.com/pics/hooking-up-fogs.jpg[/img]

text diagram just in case my image ever gets lost:

Code:
                               ____           ___D_______C___
                              |A  C|         |   |       |   |
                              |   D|         |  (~)      }]  |
                              |   E|         |   |       |   |
                              |   -|         |   |  (~)--|   |
                              |B___|         |___|___|___|___|
                                                 A   B   E
                              kool

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

My pigtail has 6 wires....

Looks like this...

My setup looks like this...

Something that caught my eye was this...

Originally posted by slick View Post
                                My fogs came with 2 wire attached; a red/blue and black(with brown dots). The blk went to the batt(-) and the red/blue went into pin 30 of the relay.

Im just curious if anyone has seen this or knows what wires go to what.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                                Originally posted by Jarrett
                                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                                X