4 Audiobahn tweeters
    2 Pioneer 3 way 6.5s
    2 Pioneer 5 way 6x9s
    4 Alpine Type R DVC 12" subs in custom slot ported box
    Enough Highs in your setup?

Comment

Originally posted by haibane
      Enough Highs in your setup?
      It's like, the 4 12" subs kept drowning them out when I had only the 6x9 and 2 tweeters, so I said, ah well, what the hell, might as well add more. Now, I can hear damn near everything
      Check out what used to be mine
      Click Here

Comment

If you want to go to the extreme, take out those 4 tweeters and go with some horn loaded Compression drivers. 5w to them is all you need. Then again, your mids will be now be quiet one. LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by GSteg
          If you want to go to the extreme, take out those 4 tweeters and go with some horn loaded Compression drivers. 5w to them is all you need. Then again, your mids will be now be quiet one. LMAO
          might go that route soon too
          Check out what used to be mine
          Click Here

Comment

My ICE

Good start??

HU: JVC KD-LHX555 (touch screeeeeeeeeen)

AMP(S): COUSTICS 400W 2CH (running the speakers) Hopefully an MTX 400W to run the subs.

SPEAKERS: KICKER 6" ES60 (front and rear)

SUBS: 2 Pioneer 12" 1000w Peak

^^ Clicky for Members Ride! ^^

Comment

My system.....

Check out my ride for more........
              Last edited by R33cb7; 12-31-2005, 02:21 PM. Reason: Updated pics

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by R33cb7

Check out my ride for more........
                Looks like something out of pimp my ride

Comment

Sorry, I didn't know this was a competition? Would you like me to put some completely pointless dvd screens in my rear vision mirror? The coustics amp is running 2 speakers, its not like it needs to hammer loud as fuck, or run the subs. Considering two things. 1) The fact i'm 17 (I haven't even got my liscence yet), this is my first car/first system. and 2) This system cost roughly $900AUD with the head, speakers and subs brand new. The coustic amp was $100 off a mate in brand new condition. Now, in Australia, that head unit alone is worth $660. Now, try and work around that price, remember we're talking $AUD. Fit 2 12" Pioneer subs IN CARPETED BOX, 2 sets of KICKER ES60's and the Coustic amp. None of this stuff is stolen and I don't think you can do much better for the budget I had to work with.

Get back to me on this one.
                  Last edited by Mealsy; 11-13-2005, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mealsy
                    Sorry, I didn't know this was a competition? Would you like me to put some completely pointless dvd screens in my rear vision mirror? The coustics amp is running 2 speakers, its not like it needs to hammer loud as fuck, or run the subs. Considering two things. 1) The fact i'm 17 (I haven't even got my liscence yet), this is my first car/first system. and 2) This system cost roughly $900AUD with the head, speakers and subs brand new. The coustic amp was $100 off a mate in brand new condition. Now, in Australia, that head unit alone is worth $660. Now, try and work around that price, remember we're talking $AUD. Fit 2 12" Pioneer subs IN CARPETED BOX, 2 sets of KICKER ES60's and the Coustic amp. None of this stuff is stolen and I don't think you can do much better for the budget I had to work with.

Get back to me on this one.
                    I was just kidding with you man. How's the coustic amp? ITs not about how loud it gets.... Sounds like an overpriced system, but I don't know your costs in US. So you can't drive till when 18?

Comment

Sorry dude, can't really detect sarcasm and I know there are some people out there that would have been serious. Yeah the coustics goin alright, only just played with it then and it pumps the back speakers nicely. Heres retail pricing (roughly);
                      1x 12" Pioneer sub in box, $269 - I got these two for $250 complete.
                      1x Pair of Kicker ES60's $120 - I got 2 pairs for $120
                      1x JVC KD-LHX555 $660 - I got mine for $440
                      The pricing on the amp i'm not too sure about though.

Altogether, i'm happy as fuck with it and as soon as i get my new amp it will be completed (for now).

Comment

Coustic has exceptional sq, and does kick too! I had a pair of their 6x9 three ways and they were all I needed in my 85 fifth ave! But I threw in 2 15" rf punches and a 400w amp anyways Loudest fifth ave Ive ever heard!

WaC!

Comment

New 8" flip down.......

Comment

Originally posted by R33cb7
                            You might want to put a layer of fiberglass or resin inside those qlogic kicks. They don't tend to be that sturdy

Comment

Originally posted by haibane
                              You might want to put a layer of fiberglass or resin inside those qlogic kicks. They don't tend to be that sturdy
                              I don't think so bro, these kick pods are made of some stong-ass ABS. I don't see them braking unless I smash them with a hammer.

Comment

very nice r33.
                                -pax
                                Seattle, WA

Comment

Working...
                                X