Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a diagram for the gauge cluster circuit board out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a diagram for the gauge cluster circuit board out there?

I have the factory electrical troubleshooting manual for the '93 model year and it's not in there. It only shows what wires going in and out of the main harness connectors are for what gauges. I ask because I'm wanting to make a fully custom gauge cluster using gauges from SpeedHut, while retaining the factory mechanical odometer, and am trying to figure out what I can and can't remove to free up space but keep that odo functioning. Lots of soldered capacitors and things in there taking up vertical space that will probably get in the way of the guts of the new gauges.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 08-31-2023, 08:14 AM.

Accord Aero-R

I've never seen one ....

Comment

Trying to follow the metal plating on the back of the board is making my brain sizzle, haha.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

ive seen so many variations of the board that it would be pretty difficult to make a "master" schematic of it. I think technically as long as the device overall meets the specific input/output requirements of the harness pigtail, then the innards can vary drastically.

I had traced out a number of the traces regarding the indicator lights when I was doing my LED install guide years back. Speaking with others who attempted it, their boards were very different.

In other words, you're sort of on your own. If the ONLY thing youre keeping is the odometer though? Maybe try keeping as much of the original board as you can, and only drill a hole through the areas where you need to mount gauges...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Turns out I might not even need the original odometer. Speedhut has speedometers with odometers built in, and they told me they can program it to start out at my chassis's correct mileage. But I've been researching the factory gauge cluster, and it appears there were at least two different manufacturers (mine being Nippon Seiki), so what you're saying about them differing so much makes sense.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
          X