Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22B DOHC worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22B DOHC worth it?

Hey guys, just wondering... ive got a line on an DOHC head, just wondering if its worth it?

I have an A6 now and have a header and h23 intake waiting to go on...just thinking maybe a 260 or 272 regrind on my single cam would bring around the same power? and I just did the timing belt, seals, waterpump etc. a few months ago.

what are the advantages of DOHC? better gas mileage? obviously more power, but where..down low or up top? I dont like wringing the car out for all the power so some torque would be nice.

more tunability with two cams

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed
      more tunability with two cams
      I think its a false statement, If its more tuneable, How is it more tuneable than a sohc?

And to the OP, A regrind cam will net more power than the head swap.

Comment

a single cam is just as tunable, just instead of adjusting a cam gear, you have to get a new cam made. weather or not it is worth it is up to you.
        spin city

Comment

DOHC is more tuneable, for the normal enthusiast.

How many people can get a cam reground to their specifications?

With a dohc, you can dial in your cams exactly where you need them, without sacrificing low or top end.

The f22b dohc is great engine.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I have driven everything N/A for our cars stock motor wise and the f22b dohc in my old 4 door was very strong and responded very well to my bolt ons. the f22b dohc vs f22a sohc with the same bolt ons ... the f22b dohc will produce more power ... now with that being said it soundsl ike you were planning a frank motor with the f22a bottom end and f22b head ... beware this has been proven to be unreliable if not done right ... now when i say right i mean a full rebuild will be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              DOHC is more tuneable, for the normal enthusiast.

How many people can get a cam reground to their specifications?

With a dohc, you can dial in your cams exactly where you need them, without sacrificing low or top end.

The f22b dohc is great engine.
              uhhh, everyone can. you just ask the cam grinder to grind it to your specifications.

id save the money and time and spend it on tuning an aftermarket cam.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

For the money required.....yah, doubt it. Cb7tuners are the cheapest honda enthusiasts i've come to known.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

For the money required.....yah, doubt it. Cb7tuners are the cheapest honda enthusiasts i've come to known.

You can say that again!
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

true story

Comment

when we buy our cars for 700-1000 what do you expect lol

Comment

instead of wasting your money on a f22b (sorry no offense) i would save a few grand more and do an h22 or h22/23 hybrid. 200 horse out the gate is a lot better than 140 to 160 (sorry i don't know the specs on the twin cam engine...) or use my idea and figure out some way to cram a J35 in ur cb7... v6 would be bad ass unexpected definitely... 300 hp vtec yeah... ummm... someone get me a rag... LOL j/k
                        back to do it again... no flipping of accords this time!!!

Hit me up with techy questions if i don't have an answer i can get an answer...

Comment

for that matter do a c27/c30 hybrid with nsx heads...screamin 6 man

Comment

btw i have dumped almost 7k into my h22 replacing the engine and trans and will probably put another 5 or 6 before it's perfect for me

Comment

so you spend money on your accord your not special and people do have budgets so telling him to just save a "few" more grand for an h22 and then stating youve spent "X" amount of dollars to replace shit on your h22 thats just hypocritical. plus for the amount of money that it would cost to put a nsx engine in his cb he could get a much nicer and wwwwwaaaayyy more reliable car aka a new one.
                              F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
                              My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
                              Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Working...
                              X