Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22B DOHC worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d112crzy
    DOHC is more tuneable, for the normal enthusiast.

How many people can get a cam reground to their specifications?

With a dohc, you can dial in your cams exactly where you need them, without sacrificing low or top end.

The f22b dohc is great engine.
    I was under the impression that the debate was on whether or not it was more tunable, not whether it was more practical.
    spin city

Comment

It's more practically tunable. There. /thread.
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by DA92CB7
        so you spend money on your accord your not special and people do have budgets so telling him to just save a "few" more grand for an h22 and then stating youve spent "X" amount of dollars to replace shit on your h22 thats just hypocritical. plus for the amount of money that it would cost to put a nsx engine in his cb he could get a much nicer and wwwwwaaaayyy more reliable car aka a new one.

Or god forbid a REAL NSX.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
          Or god forbid a REAL NSX.
          lol exactly . . .
          F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
          My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
          Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Hey guys thanks for the suggestions!

See I had thought of going with the H22, but seeing as how an engine alone is gonna run me 750, plus the tune up, so 1000 bones. I just did the major tune up on my car not long ago plus, I have an F22 header brand new and H23 intake mani waiting to go on. So I would be flushing alot of cash down the drain...

I also drive 80 miles per day and running an H22 on premium with the way gas prices are goin scares me a little, its mostly highway thats why i would have stayed with my F22 trans.

This is what brought me to the possibility of just doing a head swap because the intake mani and header still work on the f22b head, as well as my new water pump, crankseal, balancebelt etc. and it will still run on 87 octane

I thought the F22b head was a reliable option from what i read, the H23 head can cause issue due to the different combustion chamber sizing.But the F22b was the same specs as my F22a lower right? I had planned on going with new headgasket, studs, camseals, H23 timing belt and valvecover gasket, if goin down that road...but would more of a rebuild be needed?

Im goin for bang for the buck here, just tryin to see what the better options are for a daily driver...

260-272 Delta Regrind with possible P06 ECU?
            or
            F22b DOHC Head with P06 ECU?

Thanks again guys! great Forum!

Comment

F22B dohc head would be the best choice for a head swap.

If I were you, I'd mill the head a bit to up the compression to what a normal f22b is.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
              X