Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

OBX Intake Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a rule of thumb: whenever you're on ebay and see R stay away!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX View Post
      looks like it would be a perfect candidate for hacking up to fab some ITBs onto just hack off the can and you almost half way there lol

-sean
      LOL not a bad idea!

no
      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
      $30 HID kits here Thread
      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

qwow thank god for this thread. i was going to buy the obx h23 intake manifold to bolt up to my f22a1.

kind of mad to see that it doesn't fit. i guess stock h23 manfiold it is.
        UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Comment

^Well, any IM for an H23 would fit your F, but the OBX IM would be overkill and does not bolt in like stock. Go w/ a modified stock IM, plenty of options!

Comment

Or u could.. Get that manifold.. Have the plenum cut off.. And cut the runners down about an 1inch and then have clearance from the firewall.. A lot of ppl seem to feel that having to fabricate something is a drag.. Which it IS understandable when u paid good money for the product.. But I like creating shit and fabbing heck I help boost a cb7tuner members car who bought a ebay kit.. The entire kit. Bov had 2 be opened and diaphram sealed with silicon.. Wastegate spring was too high so we had to shorten it and reshape it.. The downpipe flange that was included had 2 be drilled out because the bolt holes didn't line up... the piping obviously had 2 be custom.. The oil feed and return had 2 be modified.. The only things that didn't give us headache was the turbo timer and oil catch can. Haha.. But 2 me that's the fun of it.. Just my .02 if I had spare cash.. Id chop that bish up and make it work... even if it is overkill.. Im still positive it will add power somewere in the powerband.. Makes for cool bling factor 2.. So fuck it..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
              Or u could.. Get that manifold.. Have the plenum cut off.. And cut the runners down about an 1inch and then have clearance from the firewall.. A lot of ppl seem to feel that having to fabricate something is a drag.. Which it IS understandable when u paid good money for the product.. But I like creating shit and fabbing heck I help boost a cb7tuner members car who bought a ebay kit.. The entire kit. Bov had 2 be opened and diaphram sealed with silicon.. Wastegate spring was too high so we had to shorten it and reshape it.. The downpipe flange that was included had 2 be drilled out because the bolt holes didn't line up... the piping obviously had 2 be custom.. The oil feed and return had 2 be modified.. The only things that didn't give us headache was the turbo timer and oil catch can. Haha.. But 2 me that's the fun of it.. Just my .02 if I had spare cash.. Id chop that bish up and make it work... even if it is overkill.. Im still positive it will add power somewere in the powerband.. Makes for cool bling factor 2.. So fuck it..

amen to that. if i had the time and money and i wanted it i would do it. but like someone said before it would be a great start to some ITBs for the f series
              Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
              Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
              JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by 91h22cb7lx View Post
                i bought an oil pan for my h22 a few years ago, not 1 hole lined up, ill never buy one of their products again
                i got there oilpan and all the holes lined up for me i also bought there radiator hoses
                that IM looks cheap and shitty though.. IMO if you want an aftermarket IM go with a skunk2
                but if your runnin the f22 i would seggest the a6 lower runners and h23 upper plentem swap with extra spacer with gutted butterflys
                Last edited by accord2nr81; 07-25-2008, 05:28 AM.

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
                Originally posted by deevergote.
                But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

those manifolds will crack under boost. seen it first hand.
                  you can block off the vaccum ports going to the fast idle valve under the throttle body with a peice of plastic from a package,you know, those stupid packages you gotta get a boxcutter out to open.then you dont need the coolant there either.
                  keep the iac and its coolant.
                  ive got a stock H manifold, makes over 500whp not worth replacing at this point

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                    whats your opinion guys on it?

I think it may be a waste of money. I would recommend the Euro R intake manifold if this for an H22.

http://yhst-1408381693991.stores.yah...prbb6euac.html

http://www.inlinefour.com/aceurinman.html
                    600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

X2 its a waste of money.

Members Ride thread

Comment

Rosko Racing has a full Euro R manifold kit with the manifold and all the adapters you need to make it work for $500... better bet IMO

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by kamaccord View Post
                          I think it may be a waste of money. I would recommend the Euro R intake manifold if this for an H22.

http://yhst-1408381693991.stores.yah...prbb6euac.html

http://www.inlinefour.com/aceurinman.html
                          well i wanted a intake mani for a f22. i would of rewelded it, and cut the runners a bit shorter. plus is IM is made for the h23 preludes. and if we could run their IM in our cars im sure this one would fit.
                          miss my turbo cb7
                          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

has anyone ever even dynoed one of these??? im sure it would make some power up top..

i would get it for itbs
                            -Gio

1990 Honda Accord LX-T (sold).

1992 Honda Accord Wagon.

1986 E-85 Turbo Prelude.

Comment

i talked to someone on H-T who used an obx manifold on his h22a turbo bb6.. yeah he had to do some work to get it all to work.. but it worked.. and hasnt cracked.. imma take a stab at it..
                              (waiting to purchase the one thats in the classifieds)

lets see what happens.. worst case scenario.. plenum gets chopped and ill resell with some cbr itbs

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
                                lets see what happens.. worst case scenario.. plenum gets chopped and ill resell with some cbr itbs
                                thats what i was gonna do, but now im going a whole different route ill be the second to go this route
                                -Gio

1990 Honda Accord LX-T (sold).

1992 Honda Accord Wagon.

1986 E-85 Turbo Prelude.

Comment

Working...
                                X