Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

how to disable vtec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to disable vtec?

the title says it all. how can i disable my vtec on a h22

uh? why would you want to do that?

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
    New people click here

Comment

unplug the vtec solenoid. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by kelton View Post
        uh? why would you want to do that?
        Originally posted by TypeG View Post
        unplug the vtec solenoid. later.
        ummm yeah ^^^thats how and why again?

Comment

the vtec was made for economy of gaz.when your in the vtec , bellow 5200 rpm,the vtec system maintain one intake valve to open fully.when vtec disengage ,5200rpm+, the intake valve open fully and them you have more power.vtec works with oil pressure and a celenoid so you have to control those 2.for the oil pressure its easy because your already have your max pressure ( or pressure to disangage vtec ) at about 1500rpm and for the celenoid you have to control it with a switch on/off conected directly to a 12v source if the celenoid works on 12v. if not you have to find another alternative.i will test tomorow at what voltage the vtec disangage.

so now you see why a want to disable vtec?

Comment

and of you disconect the celenoid it will maintain one intake from opening fully.

Comment

Originally posted by SpitFire View Post
              and of you disconect the celenoid it will maintain one intake from opening fully.
              ooooohhhhh...... but i am pretty sure it would be backwards if VTEC keeps one from opening fully when active. because with out it, it should operate normally without that.

Damn F22B SOHC's

Comment

I don't believe the vtec system in the h22 uses one pertially open valve in non-vtec, that would be an econo vtec, like the d16z6 or y8

h22 should use a system that uses all valves all time but opens them further while in vtec

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

all vtec system are the same . the h22 is like a d16y8 or z6, one or mayby 2 of the intake valve is not open fully when vtec is engage under 5200rpm.they do not open further but fully when vtec is disangage.so if you can have the valves fully open at all time you make more power.the i-vtec system allow your valves to open gradualy to fully open from mayby 1000rpm to +8000 rpm .
                  Last edited by SpitFire; 10-25-2008, 01:48 AM.

Comment

um, from my understanding of it, the type of vtec that is in the h22 (2 different cam profiles on both the intake and exhaust sides) vtec is ENgaged above 5200 rpm. disconnecting it would keep you on the less agressive cam profile all the time. if you just want fuel economy, good idea. otherwise, nice try.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

i dont want to disconect it and be on the less agressive lobe. i want to be on the more agressive lobe all the time.if you just disconect it you just have economy all the time.by sending in a voltage (dont know the voltage yet) it disangaging the vtec all the time and the valve open fully all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by SpitFire View Post
                        i dont want to disconect it and be on the less agressive lobe. i want to be on the more agressive lobe all the time.if you just disconect it you just have economy all the time.by sending in a voltage (dont know the voltage yet) it disangaging the vtec all the time and the valve open fully all the time.
                        or you could just tune VTEC to kick in at 1k or something....but thats a little retarted to me

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                          or you could just tune VTEC to kick in at 1k or something....but thats a little retarted to me
                          that can damage the motor. later.
                          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

i believe there would be a problem with not having enough oil pressure to do the switchover at lower revs. its not just the solenoid keeping it open, its a flow of oil that acts like a hydraulic ram. IMO, youd be better off getting a cam that eliminates vtec altogether than to risk the additional wear on the engine that a lack of oil pressure would cause.

edit: i just did some research and the h22 uses all 4 valves per cylinder at all times. vtec-E is a different system that only opens one valve on each side a small amount until the crossover point is reached.
                            Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 10-25-2008, 02:13 AM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

You want vtec all the time...? sounds like a terrible idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X